U2 Boston GA Policy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
any one have a number to call at fleet? i tried to find one online and didn't see one...

btw: jamjar, i'm from portland area too. small world, eh?

ok...found a number, and here is the deal as of wednesday 9/28, 3pm: fleetcenter security is still making up their mind how they want to handle both shows, but are leaning toward the same system used in may (bracelets in the morning, etc...). the person i spoke with said to check the fleetcenter website within the next 2 days for the final verdict. i did, however, ask the person to pass along to the security people how much we all liked the setup for the first leg...made everything nice and easy, i think.

innominata8 said:
ok...found a number, and here is the deal as of wednesday 9/28, 3pm: fleetcenter security is still making up their mind how they want to handle both shows, but are leaning toward the same system used in may (bracelets in the morning, etc...). the person i spoke with said to check the fleetcenter website within the next 2 days for the final verdict. i did, however, ask the person to pass along to the security people how much we all liked the setup for the first leg...made everything nice and easy, i think.

how was the set up exactly? you're from the area too, eh? how are you planning on getting there? i'm going to brave it and drive. eek

I e-mailed the Fleet Center on Tuesday and they said they'd have info up that day and that the procedures would probably be the same--I e-mailed back to tell them they ran the best GA line on the tour, so hopefully they will use the same procedures...

The "Garden" put the GA procedure for the October shows on their website today..they are using the same policy as they did in May which I thought worked great. I'm glad to hear they are sticking to it again.

brkngrrl said:
The "Garden" put the GA procedure for the October shows on their website today..they are using the same policy as they did in May which I thought worked great. I'm glad to hear they are sticking to it again.

Excellent, that means they'll probably do the same in December. :applaud: It worked great it May.

randhail said:
The policy also says no cameras of any sort. Are they really not allowing cameras?

It said the same thing in May and I brought my camera in the 26th & 28th. I didn't bring it with me on the 24th because I wasn't sure and apparently that day they were enforcing the no camera rule.

Yeah, they changed their camera policy while we were waiting in the GA line for the second show, and said they would be allowed after all. I have seats this time for the 4th (instead of GAs), so I'm just going to bring my camera in my purse--since we all know how hard they search purses going in.:wink:

erin4618 said:
Yeah, they changed their camera policy while we were waiting in the GA line for the second show, and said they would be allowed after all. I have seats this time for the 4th (instead of GAs), so I'm just going to bring my camera in my purse--since we all know how hard they search purses going in.:wink:

The Garden security people are the best! At least the head security is so helpful and really wants to help the fans. They were under the impression that in u2's contract with the Garden, U2 stipulated no cameras. During the show I saw a security guard take the batteries from my friend's digital camera. So after the show as we were leaving we ran into the head security and asked him about the camera policy, and he told us what he thought and that he'd reread the policy to be sure.

Turns out, they were wrong, and u2's contract did say we could bring in disposable, digital, or 35mm cameras. So the next night they were all allowed in. :up:

If you do come to a show here and love the policy then I would suggest emailing the Garden and expressing your appreciation-- this makes sure the higherups know that the security who work hard to take us into consideration are very appreciated by us. And it'll keep the greatness going in the future! :D

I've been to a few places where I was treated really rotten by security, one in particular where I nearly passed out and they refused to help (NJ!) so it's important to reward the good.

Back
Top Bottom