MERGED --> Tour Dates [wow!] + European tour dates leaked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy said:

:lol:

Yeah that's what I have been saying too. They HAVE to add more dates than that.. it will happen. Patience!

I'm not sure why people are freaking out. It's like they haven't been keeping up with the news, or something.
Even though it's been pointed out several times in this thread I would like to direct the people shocked at the number of dates to this article from Billboard.com...

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000769012

particularly this part of the article...

[q]The first North American leg will run for two months and wrap in Boston in late May. Afterward, the tour will hit some 30 European stadiums, beginning June 10 in Brussels. The band will stay in Europe through mid-August, then return to North America for another run of 30 arena dates. [/q]

bonosgirl84 said:

i don't really feel so lucky.

i agree with mr brau1 - it was going to be hard enough getting tickets, but to compete with people who live in cities that they aren't playing in, who will go to another city now, is going to be nearly impossible.

Hey, I haven't seen anyone else from Vegas on here! I was thinking about going to the Anaheim show on April 1st, would you like to go with me?

This is what common sense is telling me right now:

If you joined U2.com, then you are entitled to certain member benefits. One of these benefits is the RIGHT to take part in a presale. Now, it all cost us an EQUAL amount of money to join this club (forget the Prop deal for a moment). So, why would you believe that you would have the RIGHT to take part in TWO presales (1st AND 3rd legs NA) while Europe and the Rest of World will only get ONE presale?
If you use the code now, then you have used that part of your membership benefits up. If you don't use it now, then you are entitled to use the code (or some new code) at a later date. Our membership entitles us to access a presale ANYWHERE in the world. Once we use it, we cannot expect under any circumstance to be granted a SECOND presale IF WE HAVE USED OUR FIRST CODE.

What you would basically be saying is that the UK, Austrailia, Europe and Japan pay $40 and get one crack, while NA gets two cracks for the very same price of $40.

Roland you are a lucky bastard....only city in Canada to get a first leg show! lol

Roland, nice to see another Gunslinger on the board. Your common sense serves you well and what you say makes a lot of sense. However, I think most of us are looking at how things worked with Prop during the Elevation tour. Although we could get 2 tickets to 2 shows on both NA legs, we were given the chance to buy tickets for both NAmerican legs. I'm hoping that those of us that use the presale this first round will get to for the 3rd leg. Here's to hoping

Yahweh said:
Roland you are a lucky bastard....only city in Canada to get a first leg show! lol

:yes:

I really can't believe Canada getting shut out like this on the first leg. WHEN they return, they'll have to make sure that they look after their MOST loyal fans outside of Ireland.

Who knows, they might even hit Vancouver again in the Fall.

Fellow U2 Fanatics, I guarantee you that these 15 or so shows in North America will blossom into 20 to 25. Yes, it is true that some cities will be getting multiple shows, but there is a chance that they will add cities along the way. Look at all the time between shows...does this not just scream "dates added"....well it does!!

U2utah2U said:
However, I think most of us are looking at how things worked with Prop during the Elevation tour. Although we could get 2 tickets to 2 shows on both NA legs, we were given the chance to buy tickets for both NAmerican legs. I'm hoping that those of us that use the presale this first round will get to for the 3rd leg. Here's to hoping

That's what I'm hoping...the first legs of their previous tours would be announced in the form of a letter to Propaganda members, you could order tickets, and when the 2nd NA leg would start up in the fall, you'd get another chance to buy more tickets for that leg.

Do we have a problem?? It appears that U2 will also be sharing the arena in San Jose. There's already an event scheduled there on April, 9th.

Sat, 04/09/05
07:30 PM San Jose Stealth vs. Rochester Knighthawks

Maybe if I buy tickets to this event, I can sneek into the U2 concert too.

Roland of Gilead said:

:yes:

I really can't believe Canada getting shut out like this on the first leg. WHEN they return, they'll have to make sure that they look after their MOST loyal fans outside of Ireland.

Not just loyal but Toronto IS the FOURTH largest city in North-America - very surprising indeed...

Oh well, the U.S. can expect a little mini-Canadian invasion in the spring (we promise not to push the border back and burn down the White House like last time) :wink:

jon2u said:
Do we have a problem?? It appears that U2 will also be sharing the arena in San Jose. There's already an event scheduled there on April, 9th.

Sat, 04/09/05

Maybe the band are playing 2-on 2 at half time :)

jon2u said:

Sat, 04/09/05

:huh:

sorry if this has been asked but i dont have times to read through 16 pages otherwise i'll be late for work...

how much are Uk tickets?
and

considering more dates are going to be added (more Twickenham and more Dublin i presume) will we be able to use our presale code for those or are they just going to be added to general sale as tickets sell out. its just i want to use presale to buy tix for one of the "other" dublin dates but i dont know if my code will be useful then???

amniar said:
This thread is fantastic. Some of you are so stupid.

I have just read throught the entire thread and I wholeheartedly agree with you! :up:
This is the best start possible of my Monday morning.

:)

Re: Tour Dates [wow!]

victor_f said:
http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1297

'VERTIGO//2005' WORLD TOUR - EXCLUSIVE!

EUROPEAN DATES AND TICKETING INFORMATION

June 10th Brussels - King Baudouin Stadium
June 12th Gelsenkirchen - Schalke Stadium
June 14th Manchester - City of Manchester Stadium
June 18th London - Twickenham Stadium
June 21st Glasgow - Hampden Park
June 24th Dublin - Croke Park
June 29th Cardiff - Millenium Stadium

2nd July Vienna - Ernst Happel Stadium
5th July Katowice - Slaski Stadium
7th July Berlin - Olympic Stadium
9th July Paris - Stade de France
11th July Zurich – Letzigrund Stadium
13th July Amsterdam – Arena
19th July Milan - San Siro
23rd July Rome - Olympic Stadium
27th July Oslo - Vallehovin Stadium;
29th July Gothenburg - Ullevi Stadium
31st July Copenhagen - Parken

3rd August Munich - Olympic Stadium
5th August Nice - Parc des Sports Charles Ehrmann
7th August Barcelona – Camp Nou
9th August San Sebastian - Anoeta Stadium
11th August Madrid - Estadio Vicente Calderon
14th August Lisbon - Alvalade

Tickets for the UK shows go on sale at 9am Friday, January 28th; tickets for
Brussels go on sale Saturday, January 29th and tickets for Dublin go on sale on Friday 4th February. (All additional on sale dates will be announced in the coming weeks.)

:up:

5th July Katowice - Slaski Stadium
:dance: :hyper:

...so... who's going there?:wink:

No Budapest?!?
That sucks...
First no Zagreb or sth closer, than no Budapest which is the next closest city to us... :mad: :mad:
I'm really maaad! (and no sympathy :madspit: :wink: )

They're playing my hometown (Amsterdam) on my birthday! Can't get any better! Hope I'll get tickets for July 13th though, otherwise my birthday is going to suck!

i only read the first 10 pages..............

a) I will be driving for some 5 hours to get to a venue and I will be glad. This is assuming my code works and I will be able to order the tickets as planned, I have a habit of things like this going wrong.......:huh:

b) For those of you who have a membership and feel that they cannot go to shows, think for a second before claiming you have been ripped off. Do you not think that it would be relitively easy to re-sell the two tickets due to the high demand and make your $40 back? I don't usually condone touting and will certainly be using my own tickets :drool: but this would be an easy way to make back your membership fee.

Back
Top Bottom