Line up in toronto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smileymbcastard

War Child
Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone had an idea about how early does one need to be in the GA line in toronto.

I might be getting a GA ticket and so i wanted to know. thanks

general idea for ga line-up is 8-9 in the morning. you may decide to sleep out, but no one knows if they're going to allow that by the arena... but the centre is out in the middle of the city, so i don't know how they could stop you.

as was already said, union station is right next to the air canada centre... as with any train station and/or mass transit hub, you often see people sleeping while waiting for their train. thus then, it is a viable option to stay at the train station, catch some Z's, and wake up early enough to just walk over to the arena at 7, 8 in the morning.

as for an official statement from either the band or the arena regarding GA lineup? there is none.

all of this information is very easily gotten with just a 2 minute bit of research, and/or common sense.

i'll now go back to being witty.

Someone who works from the ACC said there was no info available from the venue but to check with ticketmaster. They did and TM informed them that there are no restrictions on lining up and apparently it`s first come, first served!!!!

But why TM would have this info and not the Air Canada Centre is beyond me...

Edit: I see someone has posted the original post from Zootopia regarding this in another thread.

Last edited:
damn i guess im going to have to be hanging around from 6 in the morning. my boss aint going to be too happy about that

on the first leg venues often offered information that was either false or they ended up changing their minds. new jersey said they would NOT have a numbering system, but when everyone arrived they did have one. I don't think there are any surefire means of figuring out what will happen in a GA line at any given venue. I just plan on showing up early and staying all day....

but guys, don't forget there is crazy fans out there and they will sleep maybe at Union, it's happened before during the first leg, fans have camped out e.g. San Diego, LA, etc,

U2@NYC said:

I am wondering how many papers do you plan to grade in each seating... :hmm:

I figure I can grade three papers an hour if Bono doesn't pester me while I'm trying to work :wink:

dove sei Pablo?

A friend of mine on the last tour said he showed up at 4pm and got a great spot. He's planning on showing up Monday around 1-2 as he wants to see if it's possible to see the band arrive before the soundcheck.
Anyone have pictures of their plane in our airport? I can't believe it's finally here. Watching them on React Now has me excited about Monday. I hope I can sleep Sunday night!
And in regards to those who think that sleeping at Union is a great idea, I wouldn't chance it. If security sees a marked increase in people trying to sleep there, they might give them the boot--then you'd be downtown in the middle of the night! Toronto is a cool city, but any city at night has its risks.
Just show up in the morning and you should be good. After the Monday show people will report on how they did the GA thing.
See you all there!!

So I'm in a spot. I have a Pearl Jam show tonight and U2 tomorrow night...but my friends who have become hardcore U2 fans over the past 2 years want to be guaranteed a rail spot for tomorrow night...so they want to be one of the first in line. This means we're going to be heading to TO after my PJ concert tonight instead of going home and attempting to sleep for like 3 hours and then leaving again in order to beat the 8am/6am rushes. So really we're camping out because there's no other logical solution. Here's the problem...where to park if we arrive at like 1:30am? We'd like to have access to the vehicle within a few blocks...but I don't know what's open that late. Any ideas from the people who know the area?

Seriously, I don't think you need to be there at 1:30 to get a rail spot. Out of say the first 100 people who line up, roughly 10 should be beeped into the egg, and those 10 will probably take in another 10-15 people with them, leaving the remaining 75 for rail spots around.

I honestly think this lining up thing is turning into insanity.

As for parking, you can probably park on the lot at the foot of Queens Quay and York.

The thing is, it's actually the most convenient for me if we camp out versus getting there early. If I go home and go to sleep after the pearl jam show (which probably wouldn't be until like 1:30), I'd have to get up at 7 latest to drive to TO (1.5 hrs + Mon morning commute traffic) which would probably let us arrive at 9:30 which probably wouldn't get us rail which is what my friends want (heaven forbid we get 2nd row!!..haha). I do realize that the extra 10 hours or so of waiting is only gaining us literally a couple of feet, and I've been rail before + I'm tall (6'1") so it doesn't matter to me toooo much. But this'll be their first concert, and they want it to be the best view in the house...so I can only do my best to accomodate them. Besides, it'll be fun. But yeah, it's crazy, I do agree.

Well I hope for your sake that you get beeped in, because it is very likely that there will be people who arrived 10 hours after you who may end up front row inside the egg.

I'm seeing 4 shows GA and I refuse to camp out. I'm banking on the lottery to get me (or one of my friends) in on at least one night. I'd rather gamble than sleep out on Bay for a week.

I am going to 4 shows also ( all GA). I am not going to line up early for any of them. I figure I might get beeped in for one. With the lottery system it just down't make sense to line up all day anymore.

I remember last tour that if you arrive between 7 to 8 PM you will still be in the area between the sound board and the middle of the floor. THis is like 20 to 30 feet at most from the rail.
I can't justifying lining up 10 hours for 20 to 30 feet. ( if it guarenteed a spot in the ellipse that would be a different story)

Ok on my way home i passed the ACC at about 5:45. this is what i saw i saw two steel barricades indicating two lines. But i guess we will have more info on this tommorow

Yes, they separated us into two lines early in the afternoon - fan line (MFAN tickets) and regular line.

Back
Top Bottom