CANADIAN Tour Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dandy, don't knock New Brunswick.

What's that arena there called? there's also the Coliseum Quebec in Quebec City. There are other places in Canada besides the standard:

Vancouver, Calgary,Toronto, Montreal lineup they usually have. Nice to see they added Edmonton. Now they need to go all out and tour Canada-proper.

They should play Anchorage too.

jedi Larry said:
There are other places in Canada besides the standard:

Vancouver, Calgary,Toronto, Montreal lineup they usually have. Nice to see they added Edmonton. Now they need to go all out and tour Canada-proper.

Not to be nitpicky (but I must give my hometown its due), but they added Calgary. U2 played Edmonton on the Popmart tour and then Calgary on the Elevation tour.

Yeah, yeah, I know...... :wink:

The supply wouldn't be so limited if they played more shows in each market. [/B]

I think a 110 show tour is definitely is not limiting the supply. If U2 only did a 50 show tour, I would expect to see the prices exteremely high. The fact that they are doing so many dates brings the prices down for us.

lmjhitman said:

Not to be nitpicky (but I must give my hometown its due), but they added Calgary. U2 played Edmonton on the Popmart tour and then Calgary on the Elevation tour.

Yeah, yeah, I know...... :wink:

I sense a little a little Edmonton vs. Calgary rivalry. I'm from Red Deer but I always side with Edmonton as I used to live there. Go Oilers.

boosterjuice said:
I sense a little a little Edmonton vs. Calgary rivalry. I'm from Red Deer but I always side with Edmonton as I used to live there. Go Oilers.

:up: My usual venue for this sort of thing is hockey, but with there being a lockout, what's a girl to do? Bring the rivalry to Interference! It's all in good fun of course! :D

NoControl said:
When I see something incorrect or not factual, I usually speak up and say so.

You better get to work and correct a lot of your posts then ...

If it wasnt for as good as U2 did here in Edmonton on POPMART they wouldnt have came to Calgary last tour that is very clear to me.

Yahweh said:
If it wasnt for as good as U2 did here in Edmonton on POPMART they wouldnt have came to Calgary last tour that is very clear to me.

Albertans have a lot of discretionary income due the oil boom in our province. Hence, more people can afford to go to an expensive U2 show. I'm sure this is why POPMART and ELEVATION were a smash success here.

How about there is just a lot of U2 fans here in Alberta? I would say thats a more realistic explanation because I know I dont have a lot of income just to throw away. Alberta is great but the "boom" the government here talks about is really a falsification.

Yahweh said:
How about there is just a lot of U2 fans here in Alberta? I would say thats a more realistic explanation because I know I dont have a lot of income just to throw away. Alberta is great but the "boom" the government here talks about is really a falsification.

Actually, Alberta's economic boom is an overt reality. I'm not saying that everyone has thousands of extra $. But I'll also subscibe to the possibility that we are just plain U2 fanatics.

After perusing the stats from U2's past two tours, I found that the Canadian prices were roughly 25-35% less than what was the average price was for the US shows. So this obviously changes things with regards to the above.

If their price increase is set at basically the same percentage as the past two tours for their tour this year, then U2 would be able to sellout a 360 end stage configuration at GM Place in Vancouver to 18,000, and would've been able to play to around 4,000 more people here in 2001.

If the same happens in other Canadian cities, U2 will do 50,000 in Toronto (and would've done 65,000 in 2001), 35,000 in Montreal (and would've done 55-60,000 in 2001) and 45,000 in Calgary or Edmonton (and would've done 60,000 in 2001) on this next tour.

Last edited:
Actually, I just noticed that the Canadian Elevation tour grosses reported by Bilboard's Boxscore were in USD. Not Canadian funds. So forget what I said in my previous post. ;) :uhoh:

Calgary dates

A friend of mine works at the Saddledome and he says that they have confirmed U2 will play at least 1 maybe 2 shows this spring. Should be even better than the Elevation shows. If I hear anything before the official announcement, I will post it here.

NoControl said:
Actually, I just noticed that the Canadian Elevation tour grosses reported by Bilboard's Boxscore were in USD. Not Canadian funds. So forget what I said in my previous post. ;) :uhoh:

So prices won't be any cheaper???:(

Re: Calgary dates

johnnysav said:
A friend of mine works at the Saddledome and he says that they have confirmed U2 will play at least 1 maybe 2 shows this spring. Should be even better than the Elevation shows. If I hear anything before the official announcement, I will post it here.

IMO If U2 have their average price set at 25-35% higher than the Elevation tour's $75-80 Canadian (which would basically be $100), then they'll play two nights at the Pengrowth Saddledome in a 270 end stage configuration to around 25,000 people. If not and the average price is higher, like the usual 60-65% increase, then they'll do one night there with a 270 to 15,000 people tops. Either way, I'm sure they'll book the show(s) with whichever configuration and with whatever average price is necessary in order for the show(s) to be able to sellout.

Re: Re: Calgary dates

NoControl said:

IMO If U2 have their average price set at 25-35% higher than the Elevation tour's $75-80 Canadian (which would basically be $100), then they'll play two nights at the Pengrowth Saddledome in a 270 end stage configuration to around 25,000 people. If not and the average price is higher, like the usual 60-65% increase, then they'll do one night there with a 270 to 15,000 people tops. Either way, I'm sure they'll book the show(s) with whichever configuration and with whatever average price is necessary in order for the show(s) to be able to sellout.

Where did you get the $75-80 Canadian prices for the Elevation tour? I still have my stubs and the price was $138+8.50 service charge Canadian.
That was for both shows in Calgary.

Re: Re: Re: Calgary dates

theedge111 said:

Where did you get the $75-80 Canadian prices for the Elevation tour? I still have my stubs and the price was $138+8.50 service charge Canadian.
That was for both shows in Calgary.

I'm talking about the average price.:wink:

Re: Calgary dates

johnnysav said:

WOW, I hope this info is correct! Please keep asking your friend for more details. I could see them coming back to Calgary vs. coming to Edmonton. Although I'm a devout Edmonton sports fan, Calgary has a better vibe to the city. Maybe because of crazy growth rate that the city has enjoyed. Calgary just has more energy. (in my opinion)

sanchez, what if they played Calgary first leg and then an Edmonton stadium date early fall third leg?

Could happen.

Don't matter, as long as they come to Edmonton. If I have to go to Calgary, I will. I did it twice for Elevation and they were incredible!!!!!

jedi Larry said:
sanchez, what if they played Calgary first leg and then an Edmonton stadium date early fall third leg?

Could happen.

This would be to perfect...but i'm not that lucky!

jedi Larry said:

Could happen.

I would be the happiest (and poorest) girl in the world!!! :combust:

Back
Top Bottom