Anymore dates for N. America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
There is still a big gap from Sept 26-Oct 2 with no shows, and from Nov 29 - Dec 3 with no shows. Does anybody think they'll add more dates? I can definitely see 2 shows in either New York, Albany or East Rutherford on the dates of either Nov 30, Dec 1 or Dec 2.

And I remember a rumor of Indianapolis on Sept 26th, and Calgary on Sept 29th and 30th. I also heard a Cincinnati rumor too.

I'm from Ohio and couldn't get Cleveland tickets, and I'm just wondering if there will be any added dates. Thanks.

O lord I hope so!

Someone may know better - but I wasn't aware they added additional dates to the 3rd leg of the Elevation tour this late - so it doesn't look good.

HappyFatBono said:
O lord I hope so!

Someone may know better - but I wasn't aware they added additional dates to the 3rd leg of the Elevation tour this late - so it doesn't look good.

At this time in 2001, tickets for the third leg of Elevation not only had not gone on sale, but dates had not even been booked or announced yet. Tickets went on sale at the end of September for a tour that started October 10 and ended on December 2. There were shows in Kansas and other places that did not go on sale until October.

A show can be added and put on sale as little as 3 to 4 weeks before it happens.

As far as adding shows, I think the band should consider additional shows in Miami, Washington DC and Dallas. They should also play two shows in either Edmonton or Calgary. These cities I think are the most underplayed relative to the level of demand that is there. The New York area while still underplayed given the demand, is not as bad as these other cities.

A thought just occured to me. Remember that list that came out before the tour began? It had U2 listed as playing Boston on Sept 30, Oct 1,3 & 4. The shows on the 3rd and 4th are already sold out, and maybe they're waiting and putting the other on sale later. And there is an open date they could do a show or two on the 26th, 27th and 28th of September. They are probably debating on more Chicago shows or not.

Also, I'm sure there will be more New York shows added on either Nov 30, Dec 1 or 2.

I am still hoping for Worcester in late September, early October, or early December. Or Providence would be nice, too.
At the same time, I dunno if I could survive the excitement of a U2 concert taking place one mile from my apartment on campus... but it's a risk I'd be willing to take.

There's a big ole gap from Sept 25th (Wisconsin) to Oct 3 (Boston) - 7 Days (after only 8 concerts).

My guess would be a few added dates in the midwest or northeast.

Seems like TN, KY or {insert your hometown here} is in need a stop. ;)

Perhaps no shows will be added. Don't forget we're talking about a three and a half month tour. A 5-6 days gap wouldn't be so bad in order to get some rest.. The guys own houses in the States now don't they?

BTW, did it occur that the gaps in the schedule are before the Boston dates... I bet the guys will be at Bono's mansion in New England enjoying the colors of Fall on those days off.... ;-)

Here in Europe they're flying up and forth on a regular basis between Dubin/Nice and the cities they're playing.

Does anyone remember during the Elevation tour they were in Texas first leg then all of the sudden, they came to Austin on November 5th - I think it was out of the blue. I really need someone to remember how this went. Please!

Looks like the 3rd leg Elevation dates were anounced around 9-10-01. 1 month before the first concert.

But I am not sure if they added additional concerts to the list afterwads.

Yes - I want Austin, Texas. Also, I'm going to pay my right arm for a ticket because I didn't get one when they went on sale for Dallas and Houston.

The NHL/NBA need to be cross-referenced since this was last discussed.

Calgary has a home game on Sept 28th(u2 were rumoured for the 28/29, IIRC)

u2fp

Last edited:
Rumored Date: Sept. 26, 2005 @ Indianapolis, IN - Conseco Fieldhouse

Nothing scheduled yet at the field house. 9/28-10/2 is scheduled for the circus though.

Nothing scheduled during that break at US Bank Arena in Cincy - another rumor for an alternative to Indy.

Where is Prarit from youtwo.net - we miss your insight!

Axver said:

No, they need less.

Axver, we aren't suggesting that U2 make the U.S. tour any longer. The 3rd leg is going to run from sept 12-dec 19. That much we all know. I agree the U.S. has had a lot of dates, and I certainly wouldn't want the U.S. to get more dates that would interefere with U2 coming to Australia and other areas.

What we're saying is that in the time frame they are already going to be in the states, there are gaps which they could fit more shows. I mean, the leg starts, and then only 8 shows in there is a gap of more than a week. That seems a bit odd. And since I missed out on getting Cleveland tickets, I'd love it if they would add a show in Cincinnati, Columbus or Indianapolis.

You'll get your tour down under, I'm sure of it.

The_acrobat said:

I mean, the leg starts, and then only 8 shows in there is a gap of more than a week. That seems a bit odd.
You'll get your tour down under, I'm sure of it.

..it's not odd.. both gaps are before the Boston shows.. I bet U2 will be staying at one of their houses in the States....
They could have their families over to spend some time.........

They did take have a break in the first leg from 4-29 (BC) to 5-7 (Chi) - 7 day gap.

I would have thought that once the tour "machine" was on the road it costs them alot of money for every day they do not play.

It's true that the Elevation Glasgow shows were annouced days before the shows took place. Which would've made me crazy if I were Scottish!

But I expect that right now they are trying to figure out what to do with their gaps. Should they go to the midlands of Canada? Should they add more shows in Boston and New York? And since they're so busy with the European tour, they haven't really gotten around to dealing with it. But I think they will fill these gaps with something. It does cost them a substantial amount of money everyday they don't play.

The should've played Calgary or Edmonton on May 2,3 and played Winnipeg on May 5, in that week off between Vancouver and Chicago. Then they wouldn't have this problem of trying to find room for these shows.

Really though, all I care about is that they add a show in either Indianapolis, Columbus, Cincinnati or Louisville during this gap. Any one of these cities will do, I just NEED TO SEE THEM ON THIS LEG!

Ok, I've researched this (I must care... :wink: ) and I've made a discovery about all the rumored U2 dates in conjunction with availability at the venues.

Sept 26, rumored show for Indy or Cincy. Both arenas available on this date, and Nationwide Arena in Columbus is also free on this date.

Sept 29-30, rumored shows for Calgary. Both nights this venue has nothing booked.

Sept 30, Oct 1- back when that list of tour dates came out before they had to re-arrange the tour due to the Edge's family illness, they had U2 playing in Boston on 9/30, and 10/1,3,4. 10/3,4 came true. But the Fleet Center has 9/30 and 10/1 still available, despite being a weekend.

Dec 1, rumored show for Albany, NY. Pepsi Arena is available.

Dec 1-2, Continental Arena in New Jersey is available both nights. Maybe U2 would wanna add a few more NYC area shows.

These arenas would have booked something by now if U2 hadn't pencilled in dates there. The rumors just match up to the arena availabilities too well for me to not believe there will be more dates. There are events on other dates scheduled all around the rumored U2 dates. It just seems too likely to not be true. We'll see in the next few weeks.

September 30 or October 1, come onnnnnn Worcester! It seats like 16,000, they have Foo Fighters and System of A Down coming, and it's an hour from Boston.
They played there on every arena tour since '83 or '84 except for Elevation. So bring it on!\

EDIT: Damn, Sesame Street live is booked for Worcester on 9/30 and 10/1...I hear they are a good opening act though....

But December 1 is open.

Last edited:
I would have thought we would start hearing something about additional dates - but I guess we don't even know the opening acts yet...so I won't give up hope!

Back
Top Bottom