What about Electrical Storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edge said they were working on it, but apparently it looks as if Edge has caught a little Bono-itis.

during the first leg, so i think we can pretty much rule it out

Didn't they snippet it somewhere in Europe on the 2nd leg?...Or am I just making that up? Totally possible.

I swear to god, I thought they did like a line or something somewhere in Europe. Apparently my painfully arduous summer of sitting at a desk inserting hundreds of thousands of data factoids into spreadsheets caused some sort of hallucination on that. Not at all surprising....though rather sad indeed.

Someone posted that they snipetted it during One as a joke. It made it on to other message boards and setlist websites all over the world. When people found out it was just a joke it got a little ugly. The guy who made the joke has been banned from here (though not directly because of that incident)

And U2.com has said specifically, that they didn't rehearse it at Brussells: "Contrary to reports 'Electrical Storm' was not rehearsed yesterday. It was aired - but only through the PA system!"

Chizip said:
And U2.com has said specifically, that they didn't rehearse it at Brussells: "Contrary to reports 'Electrical Storm' was not rehearsed yesterday. It was aired - but only through the PA system!"

Wow really? That torrent sure sounded like it was live and all. Does an acoustic ES even exist? Because that's what it was.

Well, at least I know I'm not crazy. I'd follow the setlist parties at work, and I'd usually end up leaving mid encore, so I'd imagine I missed all the spatting that ensued when it came out to be fake. It's a relief to know I'm not totally dillusional!

Chizip said:
U2.com could be lying, I don't know. I haven't heard the torrent.

I think they are then. You should listen to it, you'll see what I mean. It's on U2t.

Bono wasn't present that day so Edge just played it acoustically.

They are going to do an Eminem cover in Detroit.

Then Kid Rock is going to come out and sing One with them.

Chizip said:
They are going to do an Eminem cover in Detroit.

Then Kid Rock is going to come out and sing One with them.

You have completely lost it ,havent you?:eyebrow:

:crack: -imagining what that would sound like*:crazy:

Well, for me it certainly doesn't sound like any of the official releases of the song. I put it on the ysi - check it out for yourselves. You will need Monkey's audio, available from http://www.monkeysaudio.com/ (it comes with a winamp plugin). I would convert it to mp3, but the taper does not allow that. And one more thing: the comments from u2.com are probably as accurate as the setlists they post.
Link (change "ysi"): http://s38.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=05P7D3RU9SVXX0ZJP8B6UO2XOI

It seems nobody is interested anymore. Now that you would be able to comment, you back off.
It seems everybody makes comments about the setlists without actually hearing the songs. So it isn't surprising that almost everyone is getting bored because of looking at almost the same list of songs every day.

maybe they realized that a good bridge, one Bono yell and some decent guitar work do not a U2 classic make. The vocal melody on the verses is subpar, and the chorus is meh. "Elec-tri-cal Stooorm"? Please.

If they played this before all the stuff that REALLY needs to get unearthed, like EVERYTHING ELSE OFF ZOOROPA THAT WAS NEVER PLAYED IN THE U.S., I'll throw a fit.

lazarus said:
maybe they realized that a good bridge, one Bono yell and some decent guitar work do not a U2 classic make. The vocal melody on the verses is subpar, and the chorus is meh. "Elec-tri-cal Stooorm"? Please.
Meh chorus??? Guess you don't like ABOY, Yahweh and Bullet then.

Back
Top Bottom