Tour predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Predict what songs could show up in the next 5 shows!
My guesses:

Bad
Until the End of the World
Out of Control

Until The End Of The World, I Will Follow, Out Of Control, Stuck In A Moment ... and BRING ON 11 O'CLOCK TICK TOCK!

:hmm: With songs played so far, it's really tricky to guess good lol.

From older to newer:

Bad
Desire
Until the end of the world
Stay (full band)
Gone
Please (full band)
Stuck in a moment
Kite
Crumbs from your table (could fit in the Africa trilogy, instead of Pride)
One step closer

Last edited:
I Will Follow/Until The End Of The World/Bad/All I Want Is You.

I think Elevation will be dropped. And it should, so no probs. I don't think New Year's Day will stay there, it'll probably be a regular but not each show, I think Bullet won't make the cut for the European shows... Given how great Mysterious Ways sound (best freaking live version I ever heard of it) it should be a regular.

God Part III said:
I Will Follow/Until The End Of The World/Bad/All I Want Is You.

I think Elevation will be dropped. And it should, so no probs. I don't think New Year's Day will stay there, it'll probably be a regular but not each show, I think Bullet won't make the cut for the European shows... Given how great Mysterious Ways sound (best freaking live version I ever heard of it) it should be a regular.

My guess is Bad, Until The End Of The World and I Will Follow will turn up somewhere along the line...maybe Exit will make an appearance sooner or later too seeing as it was rumoured that it was rehearsed. Mind you, lots of things were rumoured to have been rehearsed!!!

On the topic of Elevation, I know there are many here who can't stand the track (it's not one of my all time favorites either), but the last couple of performances of the song have been pretty strong. Plus the fact that the band have re-worked it slightly and it's appeared in every set so far tells me it will not be dropped. You only have to listen to the crowd reaction to it to see it's still a majority of the crowd sing-a-long favorite and therefore the band are unlikely to drop it.

I also do not think Bullet The Blue Sky will be cut for Europe or anywhere else. Bullet has been a standard in the live set for years and is a big live favorite of the bands and a large majority of fans (I certainly haven't got sick of seeing them perform it!).

New Years Day will probably not appear in every set for the whole tour. Agreed. Maybe, to Axever's joy (and mine!), they will replace it with 11 O'Clock Tick Tock from time to time but I would imagine that I will Follow would be the more likely replacement.

Mysterious Ways does sound superb. A fantastic sounding performance the other night going on the recording that was made by Edgar. It was great to hear this song sounding so fresh after not being played live for a while.

Other tips...Electrical Storm I cannot see being played as it never really took off anywhere. Maybe it will appear if the band decided to add a short acoustical set, but apart from that I don't think we'll ever see them perfom it (he says, as they play it in full in the next show!!).

Acrobat...as much as I'd LOVE to hear that tune live, I don't think we'll get to see the fellas play it. Mind you, a bit of fan pressure here wouldn't go a miss. Now where did that Acrobat petition get to.......

I'd love to see An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart and Electric Co stay in the set, but I do get the impression that halfway through the tour, before they reach sunny Australia where I live now (used to live in UK), that An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart will be replaced with something else. Now if they replaced it with I Threw A Brick and A Day Without Me (as I've said a few times on this board) I would be ecstatic, but the chances of that happening are probably pretty slim!! I think Electric Co will stay as that still sounds amazingly powerful live.

A lot of the songs I'd like to see them play are ones I've seen them play in previous tours from Unforgettable Fire through to the Elevation Tour. Mind you we all have wish lists and there are a few I'd like to see played again (a couple mentioned above) as well as some that have never been played. I'd love to here these live again/for the first time.....the chances of hearing the majority of these live on this or any future tour are diddly squat, but there's no harm in wishing.....!!!!!

Trip Through Your Wires
One Tree Hill
Heartland
A Sort Of Homecoming
Promenade
Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around The World
Spanish Eyes
Hallelujah Her She Comes
A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel
I Fall Down
The Ocean
Dirty Day
Mothers Of The Disappeared
One Step Closer
Crumbs From Your Table

....amongst many others.

OK, I've babbled enough and wandered off the real purpose of this thread (pretty much), but it's been fun!!!! I'll let someone else have a go now!!!

cheers
neilm

Tour predictions

I predict that they will keep touring till the tour ends and then stop touring till they decide to tour again when they will begin to tour once more.

I know this prediction is a long shot, but I'm going to stick my neck out and stand by it.

u2_england said:

I predict that they will keep touring till the tour ends and then stop touring till they decide to tour again when they will begin to tour once more.

I know this prediction is a long shot, but I'm going to stick my neck out and stand by it.

Well I reckon you might just be right!!!

I am astounded that they haven't played Kite with Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own. I will be even more astounded if they don't play it once this leg.

I wouldn't be surprised to see I Will Follow or Out Of Control thrown in there. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock would be nice, and it's a likely candidate for the Boy segment.

For some reason, I'm not feeling Until The End Of The World.

Bad - in the open air stadiums in Europe
Out of Control
Gone
Stay (So Far Away, So Close) - acoustic no less

Last edited:
I think they are going to bust out Crumbs, Bad, Unforgettable Fire, or Walk On in the next few weeks.

I would really like to see Ultraviolet or A Man & A Woman make it on the setlists!

Back
Top Bottom