They have to play "Myterious Ways"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would be really great if this song makes it to the Vertigo Tour...
where they are gonna fit it in, is gonna be another question!

But Yes, I would love to see Mysterious Ways on this tour.

defineitly not an essential live song anymore. that said, it is 100x better live than on the album- but its certainly not a given to be played. Might be one that is played part of the time- but i would be suprised if it is played everynight.

They filmed it twice in Boston 2001 and once at Slane. The only DVD version is a bonus track on Slane, and that might only be there since Bono is dancing with his daughter.

U2FP

I think it will turn up at some point on the tour. Right now I dont believe they have even worked on it for Vertigo. Its one they dont typically need to work on alot though to get down. I would say its probebly out for most of the first leg at least. May turn up again in Europe. But you never know, UTEOTW hasnt been played much but they can pretty much do that with little practice also. I think that will definately be played on the first leg.

Get ready for some shuffling this time out, I'm sure we will still have the setlist critics but I think "some" of them are going to be silenced or at least somewhat muted this time out.

Just remember, all that GLITTERS is gold!! ;)

Last edited:
I'd trade MW for Elevation every day of the week and twice on Sunday, but I'm just so happy to have great tickets to all the shows I wanted to that I think it's pointless to complain about potential setlists at all.

Someone school me please...

This will be my first U2 concert and I'm a pretty new fan...what's the chances of hearing "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses"?

Slim to none I'm guessing?

Enamored said:
Someone school me please...

This will be my first U2 concert and I'm a pretty new fan...what's the chances of hearing "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses"?

Slim to none I'm guessing?

Slim to none is about right. It was played for the first two legs of ZooTV but during the third leg, it was cut and replaced with New Year's Day. It did, however, reappear on Elevation in snippet form - particularly later in the tour, Bono would sing some of it as Bad segued into Streets, sometimes a good few verses. There have been a few rumours of it reappearing on this tour, I think Bono may have even said he had considered it, but it appears that it was not rehearsed in Vancouver. There is a faint chance but don't hold your breath.

If they do not play Mysterious Ways I won't be disapointed.
I prefere the studio version rather than any live performance they've ever made. ZooTV's performances were ok, but in my point of view, this is not a good live song, it doesn't work for me. It souns very poor, I can't explain why I don't really like it live...
But there are many people who like it, and if it appears on Vertigo Tour it'll be ok...

C ya

Aygo said:
If they do not play Mysterious Ways I won't be disapointed.
I prefere the studio version rather than any live performance they've ever made. ZooTV's performances were ok, but in my point of view, this is not a good live song

But... but... but

The Second Solo!:drool:
The It's allrights at the end of PopMart Mexico!:drool:
The "Show Me How To Do It's!":drool:

Mysterious ways is ace live. I love the Rotterdam and Dublin ZooTV versions.

Oh ZooTV...:drool:

best performance ever:
Stockholm in 92 ZOO

one of their classics that I hope takes a break on this tour, cameos here and there would be cool

Back
Top Bottom