The more I think about it, Love and Peace or Else may be a good opener...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Image this:

The intro music is that weird beginning to the song, and U2 walks on stage. Bono walks up to the mic, and sings...

Lay down
Lay down
Lay your sweet lovely on the ground
Lay your love on the track
We’re gonna break the monster’s back
Yes we are…

And then pauses, listens to the cheers, looks around and begins with his "Ehh, yeah..."

And then BAM -- THE LIGHTS GO OUT.

The flood lights come on and the band jumps into the song and Bono sings "Lay down your treasure!" and the song continues until it ends...

Good idea?

that would be amazing!
i can really see it in my mind..
i read somewhere that trent reznor remixed love and peace... and the song will be the intro, i hope this is true

I hear that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love that song......... it would be great for them to open up with that..............

Totally in agreement. Unless they open with Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me a-la Popmart. That would be cool too.

the tourist said:
Totally in agreement. Unless they open with Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me a-la Popmart. That would be cool too.

That would be a very original effective intro. Whatever U2 opens with I hope it is in complete darkness this time. Ala Zoo TV.

I love this song, it's my favourite from the new album! However I think that it could work better as an encore song. Bullet IS great, but it can be left for one tour...

I'm thinking for a long time, exactly the same thing. I was also thinking that the first couplet bono sings 'behind the scenes', we see some bono on the screen but not 'very good'. When he sing ooohh LAy down your treasure!! --> suddenly he's on stage!!
I think that would be very cool

I'm behind this 100%! :up: :yes: I've thought for quite some time that the intro for Love & Peace would make a super opener for the show, as well as kind of set the theme for the tour.

We'll just have to be a patient a little bit longer to find out, huh? :crazy: :D

My goodness I'm excited because this tour they're probably going to go in with even more electronics and stuff. Bono rising onto stage and knocking a star off and doing the kicks and goosestepping. Heaven.

I agree as well!

I didn't love LAPOE at first like I loved Vertigo, but now I've come to appreciate it bigtime and can see it being a fab opener. It certainly is more central to the overall HTDAAB vibe then I had initially realized and has this great invitational/gathering energy happening.
That would be a great bit, though, to have Bono appear on the 'lay down your treasure' after the rumbly bits..oh yes.
Then the whole rest of the show is about breaking that monster's back...I like it!

cheers all..

If there is at least one show, where they open w/ Zoo Station again and I can c the pose :drool:, like a throwback show or sumthing like the Elevation Chicago show *only in my dreams*:drool:

Back
Top Bottom