Stuck In A Moment Was Played....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
would have been alright in another spot in the setlist

but an accoustic stuck taking the spot of the rock your face off the fly?

:|

Sorry, but that song just sucks live - it slows down the concert to a screeching halt and kills any momentum. In fact, when i play the Elevation Boston DVD, i skip it altogether every time. Playing it in an encore just makes matters worse.

I hope they bring back "New York" when they are in NYC.

I do believe stuck in a moment is a soulful classic but i personally prefer wild horses. i think that coupled with the first time would be incredible if you were there personally even if it doesnt look as desireable as a fly zoo or dicoteche fly encore.

cypress said:

Sorry, but that song just sucks live - it slows down the concert to a screeching halt and kills any momentum. In fact, when i play the Elevation Boston DVD, i skip it altogether every time. Playing it in an encore just makes matters worse.

I hope they bring back "New York" when they are in NYC.

Well, consider that they are playing a different version of Stuck this tour. I know one person there described it as "wow".

Personally, it's not a favourite song of mine but I think it's cool it was played and it's some further variety.

Chizip said:
would have been alright in another spot in the setlist

but an accoustic stuck taking the spot of the rock your face off the fly?

negativity :| :tsk:

At least it's something new on this tour :drool:

Maybe the first encore could change from an achtung baby encore into the atyclb encore with the acoustic walk on and stuck in a moment. oo and maybe a kite would fly by:drool:

turning the first encore into an accoustic set would be a disaster of epic proportions

Chizip said:
turning the first encore into an accoustic set would be a disaster of epic proportions

That depends.....on how cool they were able to make it. What about full band accoustic, up-tempo? Larry playing some conga, Bono playing accoustic rhytm guitar, Adam accoustic bass, Edge some nice, delicious accoustic solo finger-picking guitar work.... :shrug:

Chizip said:

well from the looks of it that disaster happened tonite, but i wouldnt go as far as to call it that.

it's true. i could see people hearing about it and deciding not to go to the shows, but they cant sell the tickets to anybody because nobody else wants to go, so there will be lots of empty seats in the arena. then i could see the people who do go turn their backs on u2 during the encore, only shattering their confidence more. they would then bring the rocking encore back, but it will be too late, the damage will be done. the try one last ditch effort to spark interest by playing acrobat, but by then there are only 3 people on interference remaining but they only hang out in io so nobody knows about it. the band decides to break up and they all go off in seperate directions.

all because of the accoustic encore.

I would call last night's encore a disaster of epic proportions. Stuck makes me want to go play in traffic during rush hour. Completely, totally sucked the energy right out of the show.

Light beer is crap and so is Light-U2.

Chizip said:

:lmao:

and to think they used that song to replace the fly :huh:

That's the worst part about it. Maybe i wouldn't be so bitchy if they never did the rock out encore, but to go from Zoo Station and The Fly to acoustic Stuck? Come on now.

Wasn't everyone and their mother raving about that exact acoustic version when the single came out?

:hmm:

Last night was my first Vertigo show. I thought it was spectacular. U2 does stuff that no other band can pull off.

Now, about Stuck in a Moment... I have never really liked the song. However, I thought it was a great performance last night and definitely didn't hurt the momentum of the show. I could have done without The First Time but Stuck sounded great with just B&E performing acoustically. They nailed it. And just when I thought they'd skip the coda and move on to the next song, Adam and Larry kick in and the four of them finished with Edge playing the acoustic all the way through. I've always thought that the acoustic recording was far better than the ATYCLB version. The version at the Garden was just about perfect.

For my money, it was one of the highlights of the show. Maybe it wasn't Miss Sarajevo or Streets, but it was quite a bit better than Crumbs from Your Table and the First Time, both of which I found a bit dull.

I thought it was awesome.

Maybe awesomer in another spot in the show, but awesome nonetheless.

Always liked the song but never cared for the elevation version. I thought to myself, Self, this would be better if they played it acoustic. And lo, there it was last night!
I really missed Zoo Station and Fly, though.

Back
Top Bottom