Rock N Roll ******?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure quite how much of the song Bono's done at different shows, but I was told he did at least the following four lines during Vertigo at one of the five NYC shows:

Baby was a black sheep. Baby was a whore.
Baby got big and baby get bigger.
Baby get something. Baby get more.
Baby, baby, baby was a rock-and-roll ******.

interesting.

i was thinking it would be along those lines?
any news on whether it offended any concert-goers...
i ask because this seems to be one of Patti's most misunderstood tunes, and causes quite a fuss when people hear it for the first time...

also, I remember a large amount of people on similar message boards who were offended during bono's "pull the trigger/rock n roll ******/bigger than jesus on a bumper sticker" call-out during the john lennon/marc chapman section of the elevation Bullet The Blue Sky.

i'd be interested in hearing if anyone was offended this time around.

Clawgrabber said:
interesting.

i was thinking it would be along those lines?
any news on whether it offended any concert-goers...
i ask because this seems to be one of Patti's most misunderstood tunes, and causes quite a fuss when people hear it for the first time...

also, I remember a large amount of people on similar message boards who were offended during bono's "pull the trigger/rock n roll ******/bigger than jesus on a bumper sticker" call-out during the john lennon/marc chapman section of the elevation Bullet The Blue Sky.

i'd be interested in hearing if anyone was offended this time around.

Can't say for sure but most probably missed it coz it was so short. But if anyone could pull this off without controversy, then it would be Bono because of what he stands for and his convictions.

Bullet the Blue Sky from the Boston DVD :rockon:

uh...ya...its real good (yes, completely off topic)

I have never heard of the one Axver is refering to but I get what Bono was saying on the Boston DVD, I do not understand who would be offended, everyone knows Bono is no racist.

Back
Top Bottom