Detroit Surprises!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Room said:
Axver's site is wrong on I Fall Down. I will double check the Feed The World and We Are The World snippets. I believe they did those at both Chicago shows on the Unf. Fire tour also. It may not have been as prevelant as I thought though. But Detroit was not the only place it was done.

I Fall Down: Blue Room's right here, I've been told Bono's been quoted as saying it was done the previous night in Cincinnati. Problem is, we don't know anything else about the full setlist of the Cincinnati show and no other U2 setlist sites seem to either, so until the time comes that someone gives us an accurate setlist, we can't update anything. For that reason, I Fall Down appears to have debuted in Detroit when it didn't. (If only more sets from the early tours were known ... :sigh: )

Snippets: We're not omniscient and we don't have every bootleg in history. I try my hardest to list every single snippet I can find, but I know (especially with early tours) that I'm missing heaps. The two snippets in question were definitely done more often, it's just a matter of actually noting them.

To chime in on a couple of other things:

Walk On: this was actually the fourth performance on tour. The earlier listed dates were snippets during RTSS around the time of Aung San Suu Kyi's birthday.

Happy Birthday: considering this isn't really a 'song', I've very seriously considered deleting this. On the other hand, Bono DOES sing it ... I see the case either way for its inclusion/exclusion.

neilm said:

It's the Hockey Cokey, not pokey!!

Not in the states it isn't.

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't play the full band version of Humpty Dumpty though. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom