Axver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigloader

The Fly
Hey Axver, just wondering how long you've been a u2 fan? You seem to know everything about everything they've ever done in concert. What's your favorite album? Favorite song? Why don't you like the setlist that I posted?

How long have I been a U2 fan?
Since I was born in 1987.

Why do I know so much about the concerts?
Combine a ridiculously good memory with a fascination for reading about U2's concerts and you have a lot of useless knowledge.

Favourite album?
The Unforgettable Fire.

Favourite song?
My all-time favourite is 11 O'clock Tick Tock live. The 5 June 1983 performance on Under A Blood Red Sky turned me from a fan into a dedicated fanatic.

Why don't I like the setlists you posted?
Because you claim to have an inside source but don't seem credible at all, and some of the combinations you have used simply do not flow cohesively at all, thus prompting me to doubt they are anything U2 would ever create.

Axver is one of the younger frequent posters around here, however, he can teach many of us a thing or two about U2.

Numb1075 said:
Axver is one of the younger frequent posters around here, however, he can teach many of us a thing or two about U2.

NOT ME!! :lol: ;)

Joking of course, sometimes I like the newer/younger fans perspective on things. Gives it a fresh take and you can "sometimes" learn something different.

But Axver, everytime I come on here, you are on!!! Do you have a job where you can just surf all the time? I check out the site during my lunch at work, but thats it.

Blue Room said:

NOT ME!! :lol: ;)

Joking of course, sometimes I like the newer/younger fans perspective on things. Gives it a fresh take and you can "sometimes" learn something different.

But Axver, everytime I come on here, you are on!!! Do you have a job where you can just surf all the time? I check out the site during my lunch at work, but thats it.

I think I have leeched plenty of knowledge off you before. :wink: You definitely know your stuff.

Why am I always on? Well, I'm not starting university until February 2006 and I haven't found a job yet :)mad: my area's not good for finding a job ...), so I have plenty of time to do nothing but laze around online, and Interference and LiveJournal are my two main haunts.

Macfistowannabe said:
I better get mine pretty f:censored:kin' soon. :madspit:

lol.....you have to memorize things like:

what was the third song u2 played on June 6, 1986?

i gaurantee Axver comes with the answer in less than an hour (i made up that date btw) he's the man.....

New Year's Day

(I know he's the man)

06/06/1986 The Forum - Los Angeles, California
MLK, Pride (In The Name Of Love), New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Maggie's Farm, Help, Bad, Sun City
encores: I Shall Be Released
comment: Amnesty International's 'Conspiracy Of Hope' Tour.

wow, they actually played a gig that day?
lucky pick....
look out for a "Macfistowannabe" thread soon then :wink:

RademR said:

lol.....you have to memorize things like:

what was the third song u2 played on June 6, 1986?

i gaurantee Axver comes with the answer in less than an hour (i made up that date btw) he's the man.....

well, you can easily go on the u2 setlists website to find the answer to that..

I'm more amazed with his stats on "how many times _______ has been played live"

or "last time _______ was played live"

korczykp said:

well, you can easily go on the u2 setlists website to find the answer to that..

I'm more amazed with his stats on "how many times _______ has been played live"

or "last time _______ was played live"

You can actually find information like that really easily too. It's just that I have it memorised. For example, 9 January 1990 was the last time both Gloria and God Part II were played. Interestingly enough, they were played consecutively that night.

hey axver GO THE ALL BLACKS !!!
ONE TREE HILL and the very first beginning of their greatest song ever - ACROBAT - during sound check at Western Springs back in 1989...what a great inspiration NZ always is.

remember Greg Caroll:
The Joshua Tree album and the song One Tree Hill is dedicated to Greg Caroll, a close friend of the band who had died in a motorcycle accident in 1986. The title comes from the largest of volcanic mounts in Auckland / NZ ( Caroll's home country New Zealand. Auckland was the place, where the band (Bono) first met him during the Unforgettable Fire tour. The song was released as a single in New Zealand in dedication to the memory of Greg Caroll.

one-tree-hill.jpg

One Tree Hill in Auckland / NZ without the tree now after the chainsaw massacre:mad:

Last edited:
jacobus said:
hey axver GO THE ALL BLACKS !!!
ONE TREE HILL and the very first beginning of their greatest song ever - ACROBAT - during sound check at Western Springs back in 1989...what a great inspiration NZ always is.

Let's just hope the new All Blacks coach isn't as much of a disaster as the last one! The flat attack last year really was FLAT. And we have so much talent too, talent that John Mitchell totally wasted. But GO THE MIGHTY, MIGHTY ALL BLACKS!

And U2 clearly need to visit New Zealand more often. Heck, so do I. I really miss the country. Hopefully U2 miss it enough to schedule a concert there next year!

remember Greg Caroll:
One Tree Hill is dedicated to Greg Caroll, a close friend of the band who had died in a motorcycle accident in 1986. The title comes from the largest of volcanic mounds in Caroll's home country New Zealand, which also happens to be the name of the town where the band first met him during the Unforgettable Fire tour. The song was released as a single in New Zealand in dedication to the memory of Greg Caroll.

one-tree-hill.jpg

without the tree now after the chainsaw massacre:mad:

:mad: !!!

:sad: It's upsetting to see One Tree Hill without its one tree up the top now. And the story of Greg Carroll really gets to me. :sad:

I didn't know you were so young, Axver! Rock on! I'm pretty much the other frequent posting youngster here.......and I too love U2: Live to death.......best book ever!

macphisto23 said:
Hey Axver, I thought October was your favorite album?

Nope, it's sixth.

1. The Unforgettable Fire
2. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
3. The Joshua Tree
4. Boy
5. War
6. October

That list has just recently changed, with Zooropa falling out of my top six after I rediscovered War. What an album ... :drool:

BigMacPhisto said:
I didn't know you were so young, Axver! Rock on! I'm pretty much the other frequent posting youngster here.......and I too love U2: Live to death.......best book ever!

Yeah, I'm only eighteen. Back when I was in high school, I would spend countless hours relieving boredom by reading through the setlists on what's now u2-vertigo-tour.com and exploring the whole site. Might go some lengths to explain why I know so much stuff off memory.

Axver said:

Nope, it's sixth.

1. The Unforgettable Fire
2. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
3. The Joshua Tree
4. Boy
5. War
6. October

That's definitely wrong.

1. The Joshua Tree
2. All That You Can't Leave Behind
3. Achtung Baby
4. Zooropa
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. War

Ugh, I'm ashamed at your ignorance. Get away from me!

neutral said:

:cool:

Sooo without looking on the sites... What was the only ZooTV/Zooropa show that did not start with Zoo Station, and what was the opener? :hyper:

Without looking, it was the public dress rehearsal in Hershey on 7 August 1992, which opened with Sunday Bloody Sunday, and then New Year's Day and Pride before Zoo Station.

That is also the second of only two instances of Sunday Bloody Sunday opening a show, the other being Live Aid on 13 July 1985. It has also closed a show once, 4 December 1982, Birmingham.

BigMacPhisto said:

That's definitely wrong.

1. The Joshua Tree
2. All That You Can't Leave Behind
3. Achtung Baby
4. Zooropa
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. War

Ugh, I'm ashamed at your ignorance. Get away from me!

Well, you're an Interference heathen for ranking ATYCLB over Achtung Baby, so I guess we both better flee the fora.

(I, for the record, rank Achtung Baby above ATYCLB.)

Axver said:

Without looking, it was the public dress rehearsal in Hershey on 7 August 1992, which opened with Sunday Bloody Sunday, and then New Year's Day and Pride before Zoo Station.

That is also the second of only two instances of Sunday Bloody Sunday opening a show, the other being Live Aid on 13 July 1985. It has also closed a show once, 4 December 1982, Birmingham.

:D

Hmmph it was too easy wasn't it. :grumpy:

neutral said:

:D

Hmmph it was too easy wasn't it. :grumpy:

Hehe, yes. :wink: Now if you'd asked me something like "what followed God Part II on 21 September 1989?", that would have been harder. (The answer, by the way, is In God's Country.)

Back
Top Bottom