Met U2 on my birthday!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonoishot

Protecting my eyes ARRRR!!!
I decided late last week that i was going to try and meet U2 for the 2nd year in a row on my birthday ( managed to meet Edge last year).

I got up at 6.20am on Thursday to get a train at 7.30am. Got to London at 11.26am and met WildHoney. We got to Abbey Road at about 12.30.

We met lots of interferencers/Plebans down there which was fun. Hello to everyone we met. Was nice meeting you :hug:

Edge arrived first.at about 2.30. He was on his phone a little while then came over to sign for everyone. I didnt get any good pics of him, as my camera had temporarily gone kaput when he had arrived. He signed my setlist from Toronto 4 last year. I told him it was my birthday and he said "Happy Birthday"

Then Adam arrived a little while after. He also signed my setlist and he also said "Happy Birthday". I lifted my camera to take a picture of him and he got looked right into my camera. He was so sweet. One of the autograph hunters asked him to sign with a blue pen and Adam was like, "No, i'm using this one!" :lmao:

Then Bono arrived. He was late (as normal :lol: ) and signed for about half the people there. I didn't meet him or get anything signed as the autograph hunters stood behind me were taller than me and couldnt get him to notice my setlist as the hunters vinyls were higher than my setlist. Damn autogrpah hunters. COz of them i missed Bono 2 years in a row. :madwife: He looked so :combust: though and at least i got to see him.

Larry didnt sign on the way in but he stopped on the way out and came straight over to me. He signed my setlist, then i took a picture as he was signing something for WildHoney. The flash went off really bright though and i was like :uhoh: So i apologised and told him i didnt realise the flash was so bright. He kinda smirked. :lol:. He was very quiet and hardly said anything but everyone was so excited he had come over to sign coz we werent expecting it. I think he refused to sign for one of the autograph hunters. :bow::love:

Dallas also came out quite early on in the day and gave all the fans who were there a guitar plectrum each. :drool:

Will put pics up in a minute.

Heres my Larry pics. :drool:

IMG_1380.jpg

And this is the one where my flash went off in his face. :yikes::lmao: His eyeball. :yikes: He was so hot stood infront of us. :combust: Its like the worst pic of larry ever. :lol:

IMG_1379.jpg

Last edited:
bonoishot said:
One of the autograph hunters asked him to sign with a blue pen and Adam was like, "No, i'm using this one!" :lmao:
:love:

:hyper::hyper::hyper: Yayyyyy! I love reading this stories. I'm so so happy for you :hug:

:lol: Jem, your first pic of Bono, i got the same pose from a different angle!

so please that you was able to meet them on your birthday!!! :hug:

What an awesome birthday adventure for you! And you got some wonderful pics, especially of Larry and ADAM!!!!:drool:

I'm sure it was one of the BEST birthdays ever, but here's a gigantic wish for many more!

Fete08.gif

:love: Bono has forehead freckles!

:lol: *random observations moment over*

:wink: I'm really happy for you Jem, hopefully I"ll meet them too, in a few ages or so :lol:

bonoishot said:

The best photo of Adam I've ever seen - there is a real sincerity that comes through. Happy Birthday to you bonoishot!!
:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom