LA's The Joshua Tree - June gig!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cant wait for tomorrow night, good music, beer, gettin punked by BB Jones, Our Debut of " new drug" the Huey Lewis tribute band, my friend Joe is comming for his first JT show, The Lovely Melissa making fun of me cause when I get drunk I guess I talk alot on the way home, but its cool MR BAW is driving, so he usually just turns the music up to drown me out. See you all there!!!!!!

DeadMansParty said:
I cant wait for tomorrow night, good music, beer, gettin punked by BB Jones, Our Debut of " new drug" the Huey Lewis tribute band, my friend Joe is comming for his first JT show, The Lovely Melissa making fun of me cause when I get drunk I guess I talk alot on the way home, but its cool MR BAW is driving, so he usually just turns the music up to drown me out. See you all there!!!!!!

Today at the Pharmacy waiting for a prescription to be filled I was singing "New Drug" to myself! I can't wait till tomorrow night!

Yay! Mr. BAW will be there with the Chedge girls and boys line up! Double good fun time! :bump:

If anyone has any cards or anything they would like to be delivered to Missa, Jahaira and I would be happy to collect things and get them to the hospital or to her home on Sunday.

We will also have a big group GET WELL banner or card for everyone to sign, well whoever wants to.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and positive thoughts.

Kren :angel:

Great Show!!!
only person i got to meet was bonofox but i was the young lady in the bright yellow t shirt and green hat.

Thanks to everyone who came out to the show last night! Got to me a few new people and see a lot of old friends.

Kren: Thanks for the shirts
BAW's: Thanks for the encouragement
DMP: I still need to buy you a drink!
Eric: Thanks for having my back!
Rach: You looked amazing
Michelle: Can't wait to see the pics. What you showed me looked fantastic.
ChicaEdge: Thanks for bring friends all the way from TJ
Everyone else: Thanks, can't wait to see you again!

and finally..

Missa: Get well soon, BB Jones and I have an acoustic performance planned for you in San Diego when you feel better!

Love ya all!
Chas

Zooperson:
You were standing amidst all of Interference members!

DeadMansParty, Bono's American Wife, Icelle, Carek, Thousandfold, Chicaedge, Mr. BAW (I was in the back watching the purses), Redrocks, and others....

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:
Zooperson:
You were standing amidst all of Interference members!

DeadMansParty, Bono's American Wife, Icelle, Carek, Thousandfold, Chicaedge, Mr. BAW (I was in the back watching the purses), Redrocks, and others....

I wondered what happened to you, Mr BAW! It was so dark and foggy in there. I think clubs should have lockers like they do at airports and bus stations where you can put in a few quarters and stow your valuables like purses! That way everyone in the group can enjoy and nobody has to sit back and protect everyone's stuff.:hmm:

Re: "U2's" 5/21/05 Rooftop Performance in NY

jsandys said:
Check out "U2's" rooftop performance in New York in May - hysterical!

http://www.improveverywhere.com/mission_view.php?mission_id=48

Yeah I've seen that, but there is one sad part to this story. There's this homeless man on the street there that said he could never afford a U2 ticket but thought it was cool now that he's able to see them for free. I felt so sorry for the guy and wished I could've been there to give him a real ticket. The poor thing didn't know any better, but those other people...they were stupid! I mean, how can you be a fan of the band and can't tell that they're fake. Please!

Hi guys,
I just wanted to first say that the performance was great and listening to some of the classics from the "Unforgetable Fire" truly made my night, well done.
Mike, thanks for being so cool and speaking to me when I met you, right before you guys sterted playing....your performance was outstanding, the drums sounded awesome...you rock bro!

One small complaint.......... THE FOG was over the top...I was going to kill that guy:|

Icelle you crack me up, K you are awesome, Thousandfold you are very nice, Ricky & girlfriend and the Baws you people are super cool, Jsandy's and husband; quality people, Chicaedge, it was a pleasure to meet you!

see ya soon!

RedrocksU2 said:
Hi guys,
I just wanted to first say that the performance was great and listening to some of the classics from the "Unforgetable Fire" truly made my night, well done.
Mike, thanks for being so cool and speaking to me when I met you, right before you guys sterted playing....your performance was outstanding, the drums sounded awesome...you rock bro!

One small complaint.......... THE FOG was over the top...I was going to kill that guy:|

Icelle you crack me up, K you are awesome, Thousandfold you are very nice, Ricky & girlfriend and the Baws you people are super cool, Jsandy's and husband; quality people, Chicaedge, it was a pleasure to meet you!

see ya soon!

Hey! I tried to save us all, especially BBJ's voice by killing the fog guy AND the machine! I even sat in a pool of spilled beer to save us from the fog but the fog guy was ina fog of his own and thought it was funny that I didn't like it.....at least from the point I sat next to the machine kept him from aiming the fog directly onto the stage.....poor Ron! He got it the worst! They were aiming that machine right into people's faces too! Wrong, I say! That fog was evil! No more I say! No More! Sing it with me, everone....
No More!
No More!
No More!
Take that fog away.....

Oh and thanks Carlos...you're pretty awesome yourself! :sexywink:

Carek1230 said:

Hey! I tried to save us all, especially BBJ's voice by killing the fog guy AND the machine! I even sat in a pool of spilled beer to save us from the fog but the fog guy was ina fog of his own and thought it was funny that I didn't like it.....at least from the point I sat next to the machine kept him from aiming the fog directly onto the stage.....poor Ron! He got it the worst! They were aiming that machine right into people's faces too! Wrong, I say! That fog was evil! No more I say! No More! Sing it with me, everone....
No More!
No More!
No More!
Take that fog away.....

Oh and thanks Carlos...you're pretty awesome yourself! :sexywink:

I'm talking with principle management about puting into our contract "no fog machines" :lol:

Adam's Member said:

I'm talking with principle management about puting into our contract "no fog machines" :lol:

Principally speaking I'm thinking that is an eggsellent idea. Did you notice how I was sitting on your side of the stage, Adam...errrr I mean ummm Ron.....yeah...Ron.....and I was ready to wrestle that fog machine away from the Fog Master Beast?! :giggle:

Carek1230 said:

Principally speaking I'm thinking that is an eggsellent idea. Did you notice how I was sitting on your side of the stage, Adam...errrr I mean ummm Ron.....yeah...Ron.....and I was ready to wrestle that fog machine away from the Fog Master Beast?! :giggle:

Seriously, there was one point where I couldn't see the band at all and Icelle, Carlos, Ricky and Melissa mysteriously vanished from the floor in a cloud of fog! :lmao:

zooperson said:
Great Show!!!
only person i got to meet was bonofox but i was the young lady in the bright yellow t shirt and green hat.

It was nice meeting you too sweetie!..Sorry we did not get to talk but you saw how loud it was and that annoying smoke (who's genius idea was that??) But I look forward to talking to you soon if not at a JT show at a U2 show...

P.S and thanks for the heads up on the Moreligh presentation in
LA I hope you went cause I had an errand to run and did not make it back in time to go:(

BonoFox1 said:

It was nice meeting you too sweetie!..Sorry we did not get to talk but you saw how loud it was and that annoying smoke (who's genius idea was that??) But I look forward to talking to you soon if not at a JT show at a U2 show...

P.S and thanks for the heads up on the Moreligh presentation in
LA I hope you went cause I had an errand to run and did not make it back in time to go:(

yeah, it was cancelled anyway. so when they reschedule it you can go. YAY!!! it was a bummer that it was cancelled though. i was all excited :(

Well all I saw Missa after work today and she is in great spirits, feeling MUCH better. Hopefully since the fever is gone she will get to go home tomorrow (Tuesday). She is so pleased about all the thoughts and prayers and cards so thank you every one. I am sure she will be here and emailing in a couple of days. :applaud:

Just wanted to say that it was great to meet so many of you guys on Saturday! Redrocks, BAW, Mr. Baw, et al! Everyone was so nice! Great to see DMP and Melissa again too! Billy and I had a great time! Sorry to say we'll miss the July 1 show, but we'll be in the UK visiting B's family with a side trip to see U2 in Cardiff on the 29th (GA's!)

JT, have a great show on the 1st. We'll be with you in spirit.
Thankfully there's no fog machines at Harry O's!

zooperson said:
Great Show!!!

Eeeeek! I was standing right next to you! Wish I'd known! But so glad you made it out to the show!

So, was that a bootleg tour t-shirt you were wearing? It was cool!

Back
Top Bottom