(11-03-2205) Sisters, Brothers -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.u2.com/site_highlights/images/180_main1.jpg[/SIMG]
Sisters, Brothers

U2.com has a members-only interview with Paddy Boom of the Scissor Sisters where the drummer shares his favorite memories of seeing U2 live. Click here for the complete interview. Snippets are below.

You know him as Paddy Boom, drummer with the fabulous Scissor Sisters. But Paddy is also a U2 fan and one of many years standing. In fact Paddy says that he learnt to play the drums ‘initially by copying Larry’. Well, here at U2.Com Towers, we heard a whisper that Paddy had been seen singing along at one of U2’s New York shows. We checked it out and the rumour was spot on. What’s more, Paddy agreed to answer a few questions for us. Turns out not only is he a big fan, but he really knows his U2 back-catalogue.

U2.Com: You went to see U2 live in New York, was that the first time for you?
I saw U2 in NYC many times. Radio City Music Hall Unforgettable fire Tour 85 was the first. Amazing spectacle of crowd unity, passion and rock abandon.

U2.Com: What were you expecting and did the show live up to those expectactions ?
I didn't really expect anything (can't get disappointed that way!) but was thrilled and inspired by their repertoire and diversity of songs at this point in their career. I was lifted via the dynamic waves of their music.
'Running to Stand Still' gave me shivers and I had my hands in the air for most of the show.

U2.Com: What was the atmosphere like at the gig ?
I've seen u2 probably 10 times through the years. The show I saw in NYC in October captured the love and dedication the fans and band still have for the music. Really positive and charged crowd. Not too many idiots which is great at a big gig. U2 still pulled it off with musical prowess and unpredictability.

--U2.com

Back
Top Bottom