(10-01-2004) U2 Featured in New Q Magazine - Q*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://images.q4music.com/content/issues/cover.jpg[/SIMG]
U2 Featured in New Q Magazine

U2 are largely featured in the new issue of Q Magazine in a five page article that boasts a band interview, a track-by-track analysis of the upcoming "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" by the band themselves.

Some interesting trivia sure to set fans scrambling to their local bookstores to soak up: "Vertigo" used to be called "Native Son," according to Adam Clayton, "Love and Peace or Else" is U2 doing their best Led Zeppelin sound and has been around since "the last record" according to The Edge, "City of Blinding Lights" is about New York City, "Crumbs from Your Table" is about the AIDS crisis and the last time Edge cried was while listening to "Original of the Species."

cover.jpg

For more information on Q Magazine, visit: http://www.q4music.com/nav?page=q4music

Many thanks to philod!

OH MY GOD!

i have no words to describe my excitement!!!!! Edge cries listening to Original of the Species!! Love and Peace or Else!! City of Blinding Lights! Fast Cars!!

WOW!!!!!!! AHHHH

how many albums have had so many track-by-track reviews before it actually came out!? this record is gonna be GIGANTIC!

THE BOMB SQUAD ! :lmao:

Quite a lot of good reading material coming out this Fall on U2 - and I will make every attempt to gather it all. :wink:

Hope U2 does good at the Q awards on Monday night, 4 October!

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY! DON'T LET IT GET AWAY! :hug:

Anyone else think that the promotion from the album is a little early. I mean the album is a month and a half away. Because this is such an anticipated album, every major music mag jumps on it right away, but by mid-October the press will slow down, instead of build up to the release of the album in late November.
Anyway, does anyone have the text of the 5 page interview/article, not just the track by track thing?

KevLW said:
A different part of Q outlining upcoming releases makes reference to the "grainy cover shot".

Cool, so its looking more and more like the one that was briefly on Amazon wasn't the actual cover. Interesting.

other parts of Q also show HTDAAB is second on the Q staff playlist right now, and suggests this is u2s best album since Achtung- although we have to wait until next month until the actual review.

Mike

I don't think true fans would bash ATYCLB so much. The importance of that album is unmistakable. Without the success of ATYCLB, there is a chance we would not even be celebrating the release of this new album. It's not my favorite U2 album, but I do think it is excellent, and the songs and tour for that album meant a lot to my family and friends as well as myself. I think you could make a strong case that it meant a lot to the world as well judging by its popularity. Hopefully, this album will do the same and I believe it will....maybe even more so than the last album/tour.

believer75 said:
I don't think true fans would bash ATYCLB so much. The importance of that album is unmistakable. Without the success of ATYCLB, there is a chance we would not even be celebrating the release of this new album. It's not my favorite U2 album, but I do think it is excellent, and the songs and tour for that album meant a lot to my family and friends as well as myself.

I agree. It was a very good album and the tour was the best I've ever been to. Well, at least those concerts where I was able to be at the tip of heart and to touch Bono...

Back
Top Bottom