(09-13-2004) New Album Name Confirmed -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm not liking the title, but as long as it's a u2 album, i don't really care what the title is :shrug:

i'm diggin' larry's "Since 1977" shirt... it pun's well

and people please... we should all lay off bono's hair. it looks very real and natural...
bonoompa.jpg

I am disappointed. The title would have been appropriate in 1983, but this is 2004. I wanted them to call it, "Full Metal Jacket/Native Son." I think the album is going to bomb, no pun intended.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
and people please... we should all lay off bono's hair. it looks very real and natural...
bonoompa.jpg

The funny thing about that pic is not that Bono's hair is a bit "unusual", but that Bono isn't crouching at all and is standing straight up. :wink:

Re: hair

yoshjosh said:
Bono's hair looks ridiculous. Implants anyone?

You mean transplants (big difference). Furtheremore, transplants done right - and with Bono's $, if he indeed had them, they would've been done right - create a very natural looking hairline. So I highly doubt these are transplants

His hair looks a bit like that of a man whose hair has thinned a bit over the years - and indeed it has. He's 44 and has most of his hair, but won't be able to pull of the JT look.

Still, I think he looks fine. I like this far better than his "Pop" hair (except for the K-Mart mini-conference - he looked great there and I wished he kept that look).

Last edited:
Rachel D. said:
The title's corny and Bono's hair looks really bad. And it had better not be a political album! Then I will have THREE things to complain about.

Wow...polar opposites. I just re-examined Bono's pic and his hair looks fine. I like the album title and I wouldn't mind some political songs on it.

So, as far as I'm concerned, U2 are 3 for 3. Too bad you already seem to hate it.

I kind of liked Vertigo better as a title but I dont really care, just hope I like the songs!

I think it's an odd choice for an album title, that has potential to backfire on them intensly. Still, maybe the title and the music and the ideas of the album will all tie in together, and it'll seem like the perfect title.

I'm sussing the title for sure!! its definitely different!!! with all this news and new pics....its starting to up the U2 anty here. Time to almost get things started! Cant wait for the ride!

Yeah, they should have named the album "Magical Mystery Tour" or "Yellow Submarine".. such classic names!

Screw the album title.. is the music good? That's all that matters.

HTDAAB is too close to THTBA, or HTBA for short. When I see HTDAAB it just makes me think of HTBA. Oh well, I'm a dork:)

dj_tranquility said:
what's with all the negativity in this thread?

I agree! I don't care what the CD is titled, what Bono's hair looks like, or if they are making any political statements. I'm just estatic that they have a new CD coming out and am looking forward to enjoying it.

Man, they're lookin' great. I think Bono is lookin' cool as ever, people really need to get off this negative train of thought about the way Bono looks, we should be focusing on the music.

As for the title of the record I was a little unsure about it, but like some others the title has grown on me over the past couple of weeks.

GS said:
Who cares what it's called.....as long as the album is class is all I'm bothered about.

I totally agree with you!

Who cares what it's called, who cares about bono's hair, it's all about the music, and i cannot wait!

Great title. I'm sure the music will make it even greater, just like The Joshua Tree.

Back
Top Bottom