(07-01-2004) U2 voted best band of the decade - RTE*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 voted best band of the decade

U2 have been voted the best band of the past decade in an online survey of 100,000 people.

In the survey, conducted by FHM, U2 topped the poll for best band, ahead of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Oasis and Coldplay.

U2 also scored well on the album poll with 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' being voted the fourth best album in the last ten years.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers' album 'Californication' topped the poll as the best album of the last decade, while Oasis' claimed the second place spot with 'What's The Story, Morning Glory'.

Eminem's 'The Marshall Mathers LP' was voted the third best album of the decade.

In the same poll, 'The Matrix' was voted as the best film of the decade, with 'The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King' placed second and 'Pulp Fiction' claiming the third place.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2004/0701/u2.html

ATYCLB as the 4th best album in the past decade? Wow, what a slap in the face for all the ATYCLB bashers and naysayers. This is hard proof that the album is one of U2's best and most underrated albums of all time.

Cheers,

J

Marshall Mathers LP is a better album than ATYCLB?

:lol:

I think that Oasis are one of the most overhyped bands - especially if you read the UK press comments (Beatles wannabees). They never made in the US, and it doesn't look like they will match or even top Morning glory anytime soon. (and the uber arrogant Gallagher brothers put me off from becoming a fan)

This is Great, u2 are the best band in the last decade, if people think the "Pop" album and Popmart were the downside of their careers? God, give me that anyday. I loved that album.

I'm not too upset about ATYCLB being #4, I loved the album, but if people voted "Morning Glory" ahead of it, I'm not mad. I loved that album, Oasis is a great group and that album is amazing. I might like ATYCLB better, but still...respect to the Gallagher brothers, even if they couldnt keep it going here in the States.

As much as i love U2,there's no way that they were better than Radiohead for the past 10 years.Come on now!....

In the last 10 years:

U2= "POP","ATYCLB" and 2 greatest hits albums

Radiohead= "The bend","OK Computer","Kid A","Amnesiac" and "Hail to the thief"

....It just shows that surveys are only a popularity contest.It doesn't mesure greatnest.

damn, good point CIGAR. Radiohead has been better the last decade, I loved POP and ATYCLB, but thats only two albums, Zooropa was in 93 so that doesnt count. I think Radiohead would take the #1 spot, u2 following them.

Like Pearl Jam, Radiohead shrug at the possibility of being the biggest and best band at the peak of their popularity, and both went to obscurity.

Back
Top Bottom