(03-01-2006) U2 in 3D Coming Soon? - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 in 3D Coming Soon?

Happy March everybody!

We've received several emails about a new interview with "Titanic" director James Cameron from Ain't It Cool News. In the interview, the writer relays the following tasty tidbit:

With that we began talking about 3D. The camera he is going to be shooting with is called THE FUSION CAMERA, which is scheduled to shoot a U2 Concert in the next couple of days. I love that he knows where his camera is going. Anyway. Jim’s planning on shooting 3D not so much as the stab you in the eye, throw a flaming spear at you type of thing, but as, what he calls, “A More Lucid Window,” through which to observe the worlds that he’s going to unleash upon us.

We'll try to scrounge around for more info, but in the meantime - this all sounds pretty darn cool!

Thanks to everyone who breathlessly mailed us!

Update: U2.com has info about the 3-D shoot scheduled for tonight in Buenos Aires here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just an iota from Wiki...check it out under fusion camera....

Sensor fusion is the combining of sensory data or data derived from sensory data from disparate sources such that the resulting information is in some sense better than would be possible when these sources were used individually. The term better in that case can mean more accurate, more complete, or more dependable, or refer to the result of an emerging view, such as stereoscopic vision (calculation of depth information by combining two-dimensional images from two cameras at slightly different viewpoints).

The data sources for a fusion process are not specified to originate from identical sensors. One can distinguish direct fusion, indirect fusion and fusion of the outputs of the former two. Direct fusion is the fusion of sensor data from a set of heterogeneous or homogeneous sensors, soft sensors, and history values of sensor data, while indirect fusion uses information sources like a priori knowledge about the environment and human input.

Sensor fusion is also known as (multi-sensor) data fusion and is a subset of information fusion.
[edit]

Examples of sensors

* Radar
* Sonar and other acoustic
* Infra-red / thermal imaging camera
* TV cameras
* Seismic sensors
* Magnetic sensors
* Electronic Support Measures (ESM)
* phased array

[edit]

Sensor fusion algorithms

Sensor fusion is thus an overarching term for a number of methods and algorithms. Just to mention a few:

* Kalman filter
* Bayesian networks
* Dempster-Shafer

:|

Re: reply

WHAT THE F*** :mad: :madspit:

Yet another DVD chosen from outside Chile? :censored:

really, WHAT THE HELL are they thinking about?

First, was the tragic Pop Mart experience. Having performed such a landmark show in Chile (pointed out by most of die hard collectors as the TRULY BEST Pop Mart Concert) they decided to go with the crappy boring Pop Mart Mexico City.
Performance wise was nowhere near Santiago, Bono´s voice was awful and the crowd was asleep.

Now... the same thing again? :sad: Why????. Buenos Aires 1 (I have listen to several clips on an Argentinian Channel) was simply below Santiago show !!!!!:down: both the band and the crowd were just average !!!!!

They filmed the Santiago show as well, I really don´t care about that s*** technology, they simply must choose the BEST concert of this leg. Also Santiago was all spontaneus, even I could realize how surprised were them seeing us jumping and singing all the night at the loudest level !!!! :drool: . When the band have plans to film a DVD in some city in advance, the result is plastic, false, "playing for the cameras" instead.
Examples?. Boston DVD, Chigago DVD, etc, etc

Is there a time for Santiago DVD... here it comes uh uh :(

Re: Re: reply

ponkine said:
When the band have plans to film a DVD in some city in advance, the result is plastic, false, "playing for the cameras" instead.
Examples?. Boston DVD, Chigago DVD, etc, etc

Is there a time for Santiago DVD... here it comes uh uh :(

first of all: how could they not plan to film a DVD in some city in advance... I mean, it's an arranged event. Also, who's to say what's the best performance on any given leg?? That is completely subjective.

Anyway, I'll have to locate the nearest IMAX cinema, as there is not one in my vicinity.

Back
Top Bottom