(01-16-2006) U2 may add second show here - Honolulu Advertiser*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 may add second show here

By Rod Ohira

The U2 concert at Aloha Stadium on April 8 is nearing a sellout, sparking anticipation of a second concert.

"We're very optimistic," Aloha Stadium Authority spokesman Patrick Leonard said yesterday of a second concert date. An announcement of a second concert, possibly on April 9, could come as early as tomorrow, he said.

All but 1,000 of the 35,000 tickets to the Irish rockers' April 8 Vertigo tour date were snapped up in the first 45 minutes after tickets went on sale at 9 a.m. Saturday, Leonard said.

"It was the fastest sale of tickets ever (at Aloha Stadium)," Leonard said. He noted that it took four hours to sell out Michael Jackson's two concerts, which drew 35,000 each, in January 1997.

Janet Jackson holds the attendance record for a concert at Aloha Stadium at 38,000, set in January 1999, Leonard said.

U2's Vertigo tour appearance in Hawai'i is being presented and produced by The Next Adventure (Clear Channel Entertainment), RZO Productions, Live Nation and Shep Gordon, Leonard said. Leonard said the promoters contacted Aloha Stadium officials on Tuesday to inquire whether April 9 is available and were told that it is.

Reserved seats were priced at $165, $95 and $49.50. In addition, 15,000 field-level general admission tickets were sold at $49.50 each, Leonard said.

The Ticketmaster Web site and phone line indicated tickets were still available late last night.

The Vertigo tour has played to 3.4 million fans and brought in nearly $140 million worldwide.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Jan/16/ln/FP601160340.html

:drool:

Well, I wish they would announce it already:sigh:

The suspense is killing me.

Here are the CORRECT figures for the Vertigo Tour worldwide to date:

Total Vertigo World Tour figures for all 3 Legs combined:

GROSS: $294,795,607
ATTENDANCE: 3,414,556
SHOWS: 110
SELLOUTS: 110

The 140 million dollar figure sited by the article is not a global figure but just for North America.

Back
Top Bottom