(01-07-2005) U2 Tour Update -- Hot Press*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Tour Update

Ed Note: Hot Press has gotten the following confirmation for rumors surrounding U2's postponement of its upcoming tour. To read the complete members-only article click here.

Hotpress has confirmed that reports carried by national newspapers in Ireland this morning, that there are concerns about the health of a member of Edge's family, are accurate and that this is the underlying reason for the delay.

Edge has two children with his wife Morleigh. He also has three daughters with his first wife, Aislinn O'Sullivan. The original report, carried by Rolling Stone, suggested that concerns about the health of a close relative of one of the band members had led to the tour temporarily being put on hold. "When a member of the family is facing a serious illness, it's just not possible to embark on a world tour of the kind that U2 do," a source tells Hotpress, "so everything is on hold. Obviously it's a very sensitive area. The hope is that the delay won't be too protracted, but nobody knows because the situation is serious."

:|

Hopefully those health worries will get resolved...

Last edited:
:sad: :sad:

My prayers are with the family!!!!!!!!!! I really was hoping this wasn't the case.

As stated...Let's follow this recommendation!

TAKE THIS PRAYER...
January 07, 2005
posted by: m2

It's prayer time, please. Hot Press has confirmed what several Irish
newspapers reported today: that U2's tour has been delayed because a
member of Edge's family is ill. Out of respect for all involved, let's
leave it at that and keep Edge and his family in our thoughts and
prayers. The tour can wait....

This is awful news.
My thoughts and prayers are with the whole Evans family.
Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery from whatever the condition is. In the meantime, i'm going to follow the atu2 recommendation.

I truly hope he knows that he shouldn't feel obligated to do this tour. I think we can all wait.

Last edited:
Since we don't know exactly what's going on, the most we can do is send our positive wishes, thoughts, prayers, vibes, whatever to Edge, his family and the entire U2 organization, and hope that some good news comes out soon.

:sad: :sad:

Exactly what I was afraid of... Will certainly keep them in my thoughts...

:sad:

nooooooo....... hope it's not one of Edge's children....

Does he still have his Mom and Dad?

The tour can wait, but I'm kind of depressed right now....

Best wishes to his family.

Very sad news he should take as long as required to get this out of the way the true U2 fans will be here when they are ready to tour and wont be complaining about it!

This news makes me very sad indeed... :sad:

Is there any way we can make a giant Interference get well card or something? Like, make a thread for it and send it through email somehow? We could send it to U2.com and maybe they'd pass it along to Edge... :shrug:

Diane L said:
I am so very very sorry to learn that this rumor is based on fact. :sad:

How do we know it's true? Just because Hot Press claim it as fact doesn't mean it is fact. Media outlets claim a lot of things regularly that later prove to be inaccurate. I am very much hoping that is the case here.

Axver said:

How do we know it's true? Just because Hot Press claim it as fact doesn't mean it is fact. Media outlets claim a lot of things regularly that later prove to be inaccurate. I am very much hoping that is the case here.

Hot Press has had long established links with the band, including personal ones, that go back 25 years. If they are saying it, then unfortunately I have to believe it. They're NOT a tabloid, but Ireland's most respected music magazine.

biff said:

Hot Press has had long established links with the band, including personal ones, that go back 25 years. If they are saying it, then unfortunately I have to believe it. They're NOT a tabloid, but Ireland's most respected music magazine.

I hate it when even skepticism seems unreasonable. This is horrible. :sad:

Axver said:

I hate it when even skepticism seems unreasonable. This is horrible. :sad:

Yes, it IS horrible. :( I know that you have particular personal reasons for feeling bad about this, which I understand completely.
And I'm sure as well that all of us at this forum feel compassion for Edge and his family. :sad:

biff said:

Yes, it IS horrible. :( I know that you have particular personal reasons for feeling bad about this, which I understand completely.
And I'm sure as well that all of us at this forum feel compassion for Edge and his family. :sad:

Now that the grave potential reality of this has sunk in, I'm no longer worried about any personal concerns. Those can be modified and reorganised somehow. Right now, I guess what we need is official word from the band to quell misguided speculation. If there really is a critical illness ... I guess the sad icon says it all: :sad:

Axver said:

Right now, I guess what we need is official word from the band to quell misguided speculation.

I agree with you, Axver. Rumours have started to fly, some of them very specific as to who the ill person is, and with what ailment. A brief official announcement would help to put a lid on that, keep the press off the band's backs, and give them some privacy.

Oh god. I just burst into tears. I am so sorry for Edge and his family. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers. Take as long as you need. We ain't goin anywhere...

Thanks Axver. That's the way I felt yesterday. I stand to lose ALL THREE of my planned shows until the fall...Albany, (where I live,), NYC, and possibly Boston. But you read about my "hunch" yesterday and unfortunately, my Teta Sense has struck again. I was wrong about the family though..I thought it was Norman, Bono's brother.

Now I have to find the thread Kristen L posted in yesterday. She was the one who had the "very vivid dream about someone close to the U2 camp being treated for cancer." I think Gwenda and Garvin, his parents, are both still alive. It has to be one of them. (In a terrible way, I'm thinking better it should be an elderly parent..thna one of the kids, OR Aislinn!?!?! Maybe it's his sister in Australia? This is awful. What a note to start the tour on.

Hot Press DOES have the closest contact with the band out of all the publications of the world. If these guys report it, it has to be fact. Take them very seriously.

I know if you ar emiddle aged, you think you're spiritually prepared for the inpending death of a parent, but when it really might happen, I'm sure you never can be prepared. My grandmother had a serious cancer scare 5 yrs ago, fortunately we cught it in time, but she had to undergo 4 months of chemo hell. She had a stroke last May..fortunately, the mildest type stroke possible, onlt her hand was affected. Mentally, she s brillaint she may as well be forzen at 50. But she is about 80 and my uncle and mom take turns living with her. She can never be alone.

This stroke happened in May. I had carefully built up a U2 Tour Fund for over a year. When she was ill, my Mom had to hit me for money, and I didn't have alot in the bank. So all this summer, I watched my tour fund almost vanish. I thought I'd never have money for tix. I spent the past 3 months working overtime to get it back. So I feel for you, how upset you were. But at the same time....if your close family is sick..what can you do?? Like I said yesterday...as Springsteen said.."the things that seem so imortant, they just vanish right into the air."

My prayer also. Edge is mt favorite band ...member and afte rhe was just getting happy with his new marriage and a son, this is awful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom