Where have you been all my life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Good Voice

Babyface
Hello fellow U2 fanatics. I can't believe I never found this place before. I had a discussion on Friday with someone at work, who swore (and still does) that The Hands That Built America is on a U2 album prior to GH1990-2000 and that it is older than I think it is. So I had a wee look on the internet and ended up here.

By the way, when was it written?

Anyhoo, been a fan since 85, just after Live Aid, and I can only say that U2 are a phenomenon. Had the plessure of seeing them live only twice, the last time ten years ago, so I need a fix and fast.

Favourite album is Boy. I think it's totally raw, with Bono's voice extremely immature, but the songs are simply amazing. Great stuff by Larry on that album too. And I like to be reminded of what they sounded like before Bono took singing lessons :lol: and became the rock god that he so rightly is.

So, that's me, glad to be here and I'll be posting plenty of crap in your direction over the next few months.

Nice to meet you, Good Voice! Welcome to Interference! :wave:

"Hands" was written for the film "Gangs of New York" and does not appear on any other U2 record aside from the album you mentioned.

Thanks Angel, I know about the film, which I quite enjoyed even though it was overrated. But have you any idea when it was written? Just curious really, as she's adament she's heard it somewhere before, B side maybe?

Hello Good Voice! Welcome to Interference. HelloAngel's correct, "Hands That Built America" was written for "Gangs of New York," and only appears on Best of 1990-2000, the movie's soundtrack, and on a couple of singles as an A-side (one not released in the US, the other a promo for Oscar voters). See you on the boards!

Back
Top Bottom