NFL Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like there should be a mandatory waiting period after someone has retired before they can try to come back - maybe a year or longer. Would mitigate the potential for publicity stunts like this.

Does anyone know how the retirement impacts his contract? Does he need to negotiate a new one?

he more or less retired to try and get himself a better deal from san francisco, because he apparently can't get along with yet another coach who he wins games with.

man fuck tom brady.

I feel like there should be a mandatory waiting period after someone has retired before they can try to come back - maybe a year or longer. Would mitigate the potential for publicity stunts like this.

Does anyone know how the retirement impacts his contract? Does he need to negotiate a new one?

His contract remains as it was, he plays for that deal.

Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins. Waddle, Hill, Parker, Gesicki with Mostert and Edmonds at RB.

Pressure is on for Tua with some outstanding players around him.

It's a pretty good trade for Miami in terms of not giving up *that* much for such a talented player. They have two first round picks in the 2023 draft.

I almost forgot they signed Connor Williams and Terron Armstead for the O-Line as well. Armstead is injury prone, but even if he plays 12 games, that's 12 games they have someone better than anyone they had in recent memory. Hopefully Mostert manages to stay healthy as well.

Last edited:
Miami gave up very little… it was probably writing on the wall for KC that they couldn’t afford him or he didn’t want to sign there. I was fearful that Miami was going to swap receivers and we’d be the laughing stock like the Browns for acquiring Watson.

This puts immediate pressure on McDaniel to make the playoffs and win - which is interesting for a rookie coach. The playoff win drought needs to end or the season will be a failure after all these moves. He's inheriting a team that had back-to-back winning seasons (yet missed the playoffs in a stacked AFC) and obviously improved their roster to what might be the fastest team in NFL history. They swept the Patriots yet finished a game behind them. It'll be an interesting season.

The NFC should donate two playoff spots to the AFC haha. I mean besides the Texans and Jets - who is weak? The Jaguars are probably mediocre but they should be better. Steelers should take a step back. Raiders probably as well? Patriots are a mystery but they're well coached - they haven't replaced JC Jackson.

Last edited:
My impression has been that Hill's not replaceable. That's a huge loss for an offense so dependent on big plays and quick strikes.

Agreed. He is one of a kind. It could be that KC is selling high on a guy who relies so much on his speed and agility and is now 28. It’s possible that they sold right before he starts to regress.

But I would imagine he probably just was ready to go elsewhere for that money.

5 draft picks for a WR and not having to give him that extension Miami gave him.

Say that out loud...5 draft picks for a wide receiver. Including a first and a second.

they're betting that Mahomes is more important than HIll.

it'll absolutely hurt in the short term - but makes sense in the long term. wide outs flame out quickly, sometimes when you're least expecting it. to get that much of a haul for him while also saving a shit ton of money?

only reason why it's a little confusing is that they are still very much in a contention window - but i guess they are banking on that window being able to reopen quite quickly with Mahomes back there.

travis kelce about to have 200 catches tho

I really hope the dolphins aren’t seriously considering trading Devante Parker. Seriously diminishes the value of the Hill trade if you trade him… Parker is very underrated because he hasn’t had a QB to throw to him, but if he’s retained he easily becomes the Higgins to your Chase and Boyd.

Schefter used to be ok. I wonder what happened. His tweet a few weeks ago about Deshawn Watson was really bad too.

Someone better check in on mikal this morning...

Haha I'm actually fine with the picks. Unless there was a Justin Jefferson in this draft, a WR normally takes 2-3 years to be a consistent performer. Their new formula in GB is building an elite Defense. On paper, the D looks pretty stacked.

I have provided my long awaited 1st Round Grades for every NFL Team:

Arizona Cardinals - Ask me in 3 years
Atlanta Falcons - Ask me in 3 years
Baltimore Ravens - Ask me in 3 years
Buffalo Bills - Ask me in 3 years
Carolina Panthers - Ask me in 3 years
Chicago Bears - Ask me in 3 years
Cincinnati Bengals - Ask me in 3 years
Cleveland Browns - Ask me in 3 years
Dallas Cowboys - Ask me in 3 years
Denver Broncos - Ask me in 3 years
Detroit Lions - Ask me in 3 years
Green Bay Packers - Ask me in 3 years
Houston Texans - Ask me in 3 years
Indianapolis Colts - Ask me in 3 years
Jacksonville Jaguars - Ask me in 3 years
Kansas City Chiefs - Ask me in 3 years
Las Vegas Raiders - Ask me in 3 years
Los Angeles Chargers - Ask me in 3 years
Los Angeles Rams - Ask me in 3 years
Miami Dolphins - Ask me in 3 years
Minnesota Vikings - Ask me in 3 years
New England Patriots - Ask me in 3 years
New Orleans Saints - Ask me in 3 years
New York Giants - Ask me in 3 years
New York Jets - Ask me in 3 years
Philadelphia Eagles - Ask me in 3 years
Pittsburgh Steelers - Ask me in 3 years
San Francisco 49ers - Ask me in 3 years
Seattle Seahawks - Ask me in 3 years
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ask me in 3 years
Tennessee Titans - Ask me in 3 years
Washington Commanders - Ask me in 3 years

the league really missed the boat with the setup for last night.

like - what the fuck was the point of building that elaborate stage in the middle of the bellagio fountains to then hold the entire first round in a temporary hanger behind the High Roller with no view of anything? you can do that anywhere. it's vegas. be vegasy.

the league really missed the boat with the setup for last night.

like - what the fuck was the point of building that elaborate stage in the middle of the bellagio fountains to then hold the entire first round in a temporary hanger behind the High Roller with no view of anything? you can do that anywhere. it's vegas. be vegasy.

Yet they refuse to do Green Bay because we're too small market. We have enough hotels and live events. And enough scenery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom