NFL Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a rough penalty but a valid penalty. However the penalty did not result in the reaction it created and otherwise would’ve probably gone unnoticed, and in my opinion that’s grounds for embellishment.

Wondering if Rodgers felt better about going for it on 4th at 8 than hopefully getting the ball back and driving down the field.

That's gonna be a haunting decision.

There’s something extremely satisfying about demonstrating that Brady was the magic all along and not Belichick. Almost so as to suggest that the only people who could beat the Patriots organization was the Patriots organization.

Hard to blame it on just one Packer. Abysmal l QB decision on 3rd down followed by an abysmal coaching decision on 4th down.

Love that Tampa will be the first home team to host the super bowl. Just goes to show you how bad Tampa and Miami have been for all these years.

There’s something extremely satisfying about demonstrating that Brady was the magic all along and not Belichick. Almost so as to suggest that the only people who could beat the Patriots organization was the Patriots organization.

Yes, Belichick had nothing to do with all those championships. :rolleyes:

Was wondering that myself. But it was on the 8 yard line, right? They have to complete that and the 2-pt conversion to tie the game, maybe too tall of an order.

Brady is very lucky only 1 of his 3 INTs was turned into a GB touchdown.
If they go for it there were three likely scenarios;

1) Touchdown plus 2 points, tie game

2) Touchdown, missed 2 points, and they're in the exact same situation they were in after kicking the field goal only where a FG wins the game

3) they don't get it and tampa takes over on downs, but they're backed up against their own goal line and GB has 4 opportunities to stop the clock.

If they go for it there were three likely scenarios;

1) Touchdown plus 2 points, tie game

2) Touchdown, missed 2 points, and they're in the exact same situation they were in after kicking the field goal only where a FG wins the game

3) they don't get it and tampa takes over on downs, but they're backed up against their own goal line and GB has 4 opportunities to stop the clock.

Yeah, put that way it's hard to make the case for kicking that FG.

Packers deserved to lose for kicking that FG. They needed to score a TD at some point no matter what.

Classic example of coaching not to lose resulting in a loss.

You know people will defend Brady by saying it's not about the stats, it's about the "culture of winning" or whatever.

Yes, Belichick had nothing to do with all those championships. :rolleyes:

Did I say that? No. Tom Brady is the GOAT. Bill Belichick is not. Brady is the X factor and the magic.

I mean... brady wasn't great today.

No doubt the Packers can take the majority of the blame for their own fate today, but Brady got it done when it mattered most and otherwise has led the Bucs to the Super Bowl. My comment wasn’t about his overall performance today though, it’s a reflection on the fact that he’s in the Super Bowl and the Pats didn’t make the playoffs.

Did I say that? No. Tom Brady is the GOAT. Bill Belichick is not. Brady is the X factor and the magic.

No doubt the Packers can take the majority of the blame for their own fate today, but Brady got it done when it mattered most and otherwise has led the Bucs to the Super Bowl. My comment wasn’t about his overall performance today though, it’s a reflection on the fact that he’s in the Super Bowl and the Pats didn’t make the playoffs.
Bill Belichick is the GOAT. They can both be the GOAT.

But I do ask this...

If you went back in time and put Rodgers with Belichick and Brady in Green Bay, which QB ends up as the GOAT?

Bill Belichick is the GOAT. They can both be the GOAT.

But I do ask this...

If you went back in time and put Rodgers with Belichick and Brady in Green Bay, which QB ends up as the GOAT?

They both can be but I don’t think they both are. Great coach, greatest QB. Your scenario is impossible to have a serious answer though. It’s asking to determine if “intangibles” are real. Does Rodgers truly fluke and does Brady truly have a knack for winning?

Surely Rodgers would’ve had a far better coach and I think that’s the only definite statement that can be made from that.

They both can be but I don’t think they both are. Great coach, greatest QB. Your scenario is impossible to have a serious answer though. It’s asking to determine if “intangibles” are real. Does Rodgers truly fluke and does Brady truly have a knack for winning?

Surely Rodgers would’ve had a far better coach and I think that’s the only definite statement that can be made from that.
Yea I'd disagree strongly on Belichick not being the GOAT coach.

He has 6 rings as a head coach, two more as a defensive coordinator. 9 Super Bowl appearances as head coach, 3 more as a defensive coordinator.

The onset of the salary cap made winning consistently incredibly difficult in the NFL, and he won consistently as both coach and defacto GM.

What the Pats did is the most impressive run of a professional sports team probably since the Celtics of the 60s.

Even though I don't think Brady is the most talented QB of his generation, there's no doubt that he's the GOAT. His stats are good enough, but the winning is just unprecedented. He's like the Bill Russell of football. Sure, Wilt was probably better - but god damn Bill won so god damn much while also being really damn good that you just can't deny him the title until someone like Jordan comes along that is not only clearly the most talented player but also wins at an incredible rate (coughcoughpatmahomescoughcough)

I'm not sure how anyone could possibly not say the same about Belichick. Nobody can match what he's done. He's the GOAT coach and I don't really think there's a close second.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom