NFL Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Josh Jacobs would’ve scored a TD after that overturned OT touchdown that put the ball on the 1, I would’ve blew my lid.

The Raiders decided, at 8 PM on Sunday right before MNF... to change his status from healthy to questionable. In my 12 team league he was the only player I had left to make up 20 points and I benched him for emergency FA Damien Williams because, well yeah, certainly NFL teams are fucking aware of fantasy football and I don’t wanna hear otherwise.

I firmly believe we have the better team but the Giants own us head to head and that's facts.

I think Danny Pennies is gonna be running for his life all night and if Swift Heineken can put up 17 points, the team formerly named after a type of potato wins easily.

If the front four is going to play like this against a dogshit offensive line, we might as well tank the season now. Just embarrassing.

Danny Dimes has been awful since that TD. Taking forever to go through progressions and get rid of the ball.

Ha that was a good game. New York Headaches saved WFT by jumping offsides there at the end.

Honestly folks we hired a special teams coach and lost the game because we were offsides on a missed field goal, the offensive line still sucks and our defensive philosophy is, eh, fuck it let em catch whatever they want.

Other than that things are going great for the Giants.

I'd be even more concerned about the FOOTBALL TEAM as they pretty much should have lost at home to this dumpster fire if not for said offsides.

But hey - Giants covered and so did the over so on that note I'm going to bed.

We have 11 days to figure shit out on defense before we face the Bills. Doesn't look good right now, the scheme has been awful and nobody is winning one on one, but the talent is certainly there for a turnaround.

Yeah the defense of the WTF WFT doesn't look anything like last year thus far. They did record 4 sacks but the pressure seemed to completely disappear for large chunks of the game and this was against a patchwork O-line.
But they got the W and have a semi-bye to get things straight as you said. However that schedule gets pretty tough now.

Last edited:
That was the most impressed I've ever been with Daniel Jones though. If Barkley can become dominant again, they have the tools to have a really good offense down the stretch.

Yeah the defense of the WTF WFT doesn't look anything like last year thus far. They did record 4 sacks but the pressure seemed to completely disappear for large chunks of the game and this was against a patchwork O-line.
But they got the W and have a semi-bye to get things straight as you said. However that schedule gets pretty tough now.

I'm thoroughly baffled by the WTF's defense. I had expected their offense to be passable this season and for them to end up winning the East, or coming close to it as a result. But that hinged on their defense being as good as last year, and I'm just not seeing it right now. Let's see what next week brings before I change my tune on them this season.

Jack Del Rio is doing a horrible job scheming for opponents and the players are acting like they have a playoff spot locked up.

The FOOTBALL TEAM made the playoffs last year because the Eagles benched everyone in the fourth quarter and, well, because the Eagles dealt with a ton of injuries all year, as they were probably the best team in the division.

I'm not sure where the anointing of them as good is coming from, and sure, they clearly have talent on that defensive front, and Chase Young is a stud - but yea, I mean, they pinned their hopes this year on Ryan Fitzpatrick and somehow that made them the choice for division champ.

The Giants legitimately suck and would have won the game if not for a penalty (take your pick on which one you want to use). I just don't think WFT is any good.

It's the Eagles division to lose right now.

The FOOTBALL TEAM made the playoffs last year because the Eagles benched everyone in the fourth quarter and, well, because the Eagles dealt with a ton of injuries all year, as they were probably the best team in the division.

I'm not sure where the anointing of them as good is coming from, and sure, they clearly have talent on that defensive front, and Chase Young is a stud - but yea, I mean, they pinned their hopes this year on Ryan Fitzpatrick and somehow that made them the choice for division champ.

The Giants legitimately suck and would have won the game if not for a penalty (take your pick on which one you want to use). I just don't think WFT is any good.

It's the Eagles division to lose right now.

Washington vastly improved their receiving corps, made significant additions to the secondary and added to a strength by getting Matthew Ioannidis healthy. They ended the season on a 6-4 run after benching Haskins (and were in the lead when Hurts got benched in week 17), then went on to give the Bucs the toughest game they had all playoffs. The garbage division they were in saved them from their weeks under Haskins.

The Eagles were a deeply flawed team last season and swapped out a Super Bowl winning coach with an ownership puppet who has no experience. They could be alright but the Cowboys are infinitely more talented and ultimately more likely to win the division.

Last edited:
Dallas is the best team in the NFC East today but are one injury away from being 3rd or lower. We'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom