NFL Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But yeah before anyone gets too excited, it’s highly unlikely Rodgers gets traded this year. Makes no sense for the Packers to do it from a financial perspective. Rodgers can threaten to sit out too, and he just won’t get paid then.

Oh he'll get paid...

Aaron-Rodgers-Jeopardy-productions-scaled-e1617648832109.jpg

:lol:

Lions got great value.

Bears landed in a great situation and capitalized.

We got the ILB we needed. I'm happy with the pick.

One thousand nine hundred seventy seven

Unfortunately I do believe we will have this problem for the next 80 years. Two thousand is still a palatable number of syllables, even if longer than twenty.

I am equally thrilled at the absolute haul the Giants just got for the 11th pick in the draft and angry as fuck being hosed out of DeVonta Smith.

Not like we’re going to have an O Line this season anyhow. Maybe they back into the playoffs somehow but that just prolongs the stupidity.

We got a QB without having to give up anything. I call that a win.

I laugh at all the athletic comments about Jones. The Pats have done ok with QBs like this.

My point is that the system they will run if Newton is starter is very different than what they would run with Jones, so it could slow Jones' development/opportunities.
Whereas if Fields had been the one who fell to 15, the system would be more of a match.
Just don't want a wasted year.

Agreed, but there's one caveat to that: I think Jones is going to be the starter pretty much right away when all is said and done. He really is the perfect fit to what they prefer to do.

And I cannot stress enough how this opens up the rest of the draft for them. They are not using all these picks - the roster is already nearing completion. I'd love to see them nab one of these remaining receivers in Round 2, like Elijah Moore. And then take the third rounder and combine it with one of the fourth rounders to move up and get another offensive lineman or cornerback for depth purposes. By retaining their picks, they have the flexibility to do that.

Moore would be a perfect Edelman replacement.
If he goes before they pick, they should go after Shi Smith from South Carolina in about the 5th round as a slot guy.

Not like we’re going to have an O Line this season anyhow. Maybe they back into the playoffs somehow but that just prolongs the stupidity.
Yea I mean I guess the caveat in all of this here is that Gettleman actually stockpiled a decent number of picks for what is supposed to be a deep draft next year - so if the wheels come off this season somebody not named Dave Gettleman can get off to a good start in 2022.

My point is that the system they will run if Newton is starter is very different than what they would run with Jones, so it could slow Jones' development/opportunities.

Whereas if Fields had been the one who fell to 15, the system would be more of a match.

Just don't want a wasted year.
At this point last year Jarrett Stidham was your QB.

Cam could always be cut.

Yea I mean I guess the caveat in all of this here is that Gettleman actually stockpiled a decent number of picks for what is supposed to be a deep draft next year - so if the wheels come off this season somebody not named Dave Gettleman can get off to a good start in 2022.

Right. The only benefit is that the rest of the division is roughly as bad if not worse. Trader Dave might end up back in the wilderness, Judge stays no matter what. Question is what Jones shows this year that makes him their guy or do they end up potentially picking a new QB in the assumed talent pool of next year’s draft.

My God, is there going to be a fraction of a second where Washington has a better starting QB than the Packers? This is rarer than a blue moon. This is like one of those obscure circumstances from a horror movie where the villain comes back every 100 years to seek vengeance.

I think Rodgers is for sure coming back, but daaaaaaaaamn Love throwing effortless deep ball on point in minicamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom