NBA 2022-23 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the East is a two-team race between Milwaukee and Boston. Nets are volatile; Sixers are surging because their schedule has been ridiculously easy; Cavs are a wing and a year away.

For the East, I think a lot also hinges on the health of the Bucks. If Giannis and Middleton have healthy knees, the Bucks actually do have the depth to contend. It just looks like they don't have depth right now because Giannis misses every other game and Middleton has only played like 3-4 games this year. Those two being healthy changes a lot.

Also, yes to the "matchup" comment. That will be huge in determining who goes to the finals.

yea it's going to be a crap shoot in the east - and you certainly can't sleep on philly, who is certainly capable of beating any of these teams and getting to the finals themselves.

and oh, by the way, here comes miami creeping up the standings after a horrible start.

the knicks have this really weird thing where they have one of the best road records in the NBA but are under .500 at home.

playoffs are gonna be crazy

IMO the East is a two-team race between Milwaukee and Boston. Nets are volatile; Sixers are surging because their schedule has been ridiculously easy; Cavs are a wing and a year away.
The Sixers have the most difficult schedule remaining in the NBA, and in particular the last six weeks or so feature a ton of tough games and back-to-backs. We were all furious when the schedule was announced at how imbalanced it was to have them exhausting themselves heading into the playoffs. How they fare down the stretch is both critical to their playoff seeding and to how tough they will be perceived as an opponent come playoff time.

scouting report for our drive by fair weather laker fan

--terrific scorer from midrange and in
--he never passes
--he is a good on ball defender but a dreadful off ball defender
--got along very well with Russ and TB when they were here
--outside of last year, is pretty blah from three
--misses a lot of time

How come you cunts aren't talking about the fucking Kings?

GIGANTIC win over one of the best teams in it. Destroyed them.

MVP Sabonis another trip dub.
Fox dub dub.
Delly PLUS SEVEN from just three minutes of game time.

Light the damn beam!!

How come you cunts aren't talking about the fucking Kings?

GIGANTIC win over one of the best teams in it. Destroyed them.

MVP Sabonis another trip dub.
Fox dub dub.
Delly PLUS SEVEN from just three minutes of game time.

Light the damn beam!!

the top three teams in the western conference...

1. Denver
2. Memphis
3............ SACRAMENTO

My fiancé and I are taking dance lessons for our upcoming wedding, and I asked our instructor to incorporate LeBron James reaction to the non-foul as part of our routine.

Holy shit Giannis. I went to bed when the Bucks were down by 21 points last night.

paul george, jarren jackson jr.? missed 17 games. all stars.

anthony edwards? played every game. not an all star.

the fuck we doing?

Edwards: 24.9 PPG 6.1 RPG 4.6 APG 1.7 Steals 0.6 Blocks
Jackson: 16.5 PPG 6.7 RPG 0.9 APG 1.0 Steals 3.3 Blocks

So what the NBA is telling you is blocks are the most vital part of the game by a wide margin

Siakam: 24.9 PPG 8.0 RPG 6.2APG 0.7Stl 0.6Blk

only player with stat averages that high in NBA HISTORY not to get selected to the all-star game.

he'd be in the all-star game easily if some jabroni in dallas had actually properly done their job mopping up the court.

Last edited:
Siakam deserves to be there - but there isn't the one or two people on the east roster (at least from the coach picked bench and not the fan driven starters) - who has no business being on the team. i can deal with snubs when there's no clear cut guy who should be out.

but to put two people on the west roster who've missed a third of the season is just absurd.

end of the day there's still two weeks until the game and Siakam and Edwards will both likely be replacements for the inevitable all star drop. and who knows... siakam could end up being a replacement player for the WEST after February 9...

jackson is having a great year and PG is a great player - but the NBA needs to stop rewarding players who miss so much time. i get the starters... zion, kyrie... it's the fan vote (and largely from China) - but the bench players are picked by the coaches - and that's just ridiculous.

NBA needs to address this in the next CBA... not that the all star game means anything - but in general... there should be a minimum games played to be eligible to win any award - be it an unimportant issue like the all star game or the things that really matter like all nba teams, mvp, etc.

oh - and stop counting per game averages. the scoring leader is the person who scores the most points.

and shorten regular season overtime to 2 minutes.

this concludes my ted talk.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1621582982728253440

oh-my-george-takei.gif

They could win the title.

They could miss the playoffs.

Neither would shock me at all.

Kyrie will be on his best behavior because he wants another contract. Simmons doesn’t need to shoot to make an impact. They were the one seed despite missing Kyrie for most of the season until KD got hurt.

It would be bad to sleep on them. I lean more towards title contenders than out of the playoffs.

Kyrie always a wild card to implode tho

explosion-boom.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom