NBA 2022-23 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Boston's a paper tiger. They were in the finals last year, and have had numerous trips to the conference finals in the Tatum / Brown era.

I do think that, at times, they can't get out of their own way - and an ego battle over who is Batman and who is Robin consumes the two stars. Udoka got that under control. Could he have done it again in year two, or would they have reverted back to this over time? Hey - who knows. We'll never have an answer to that.

But I do think Brad would be right to take a look at a Kawhi for DeRozan type trade involving Brown this off-season. Whether he'll do it or not is anyone's guess - and I'd guess not - but they probably should.

Maybe they just need to listen to "Get Out Of Your Own Way" to get out of this 0-3 hole.

Most importantly in the NBA… it looks like we are past the “unbeatable” era of super teams. Boston, Miami, Golden State, LA, San Antonio, Cleveland… a decade ago, they all had destined teams. I feel like that’s not really a thing at the moment nor has it been since the Covid Cup.

Most importantly in the NBA… it looks like we are past the “unbeatable” era of super teams. Boston, Miami, Golden State, LA, San Antonio, Cleveland… a decade ago, they all had destined teams. I feel like that’s not really a thing at the moment nor has it been since the Covid Cup.

oh indeed.

the league is designed for pace and space now - not a collective of players with high usage rates.

which is wonderful - because, hey - that's basketball.

this is some wild shit lol

FwvN8NpWIAEi-Lc

As noted by Heat reporter Jeremy Taché, back in 2011 when Mazzulla was a senior, his West Virginia Mountaineers faced off against the Marquette Golden Eagles in the Big East Conference tournament - led by Jimmy Butler.

Mazzulla, a starter who played all 40 minutes during the game, lost the game. He finished the game with eight points, three rebounds, five assists, one steal, as well as six turnovers.

Last edited:
Counterpoint: the NBA leader in 4th quarter scoring this year was Kyrie, so stars can be misleading

From a purely basketball standpoint, wouldn't you rather have Kyrie on the court in the 4th quarter of a playoff game than Tatum? Kyrie is a better ball-handler, a more versatile shot-maker, and has turned up in the biggest moments. Him being insufferable off the court has made us forget how good he is while he's on it.

From a purely basketball standpoint, wouldn't you rather have Kyrie on the court in the 4th quarter of a playoff game than Tatum? Kyrie is a better ball-handler, a more versatile shot-maker, and has turned up in the biggest moments. Him being insufferable off the court has made us forget how good he is while he's on it.

I would not want Kyrie anywhere near my team ever ever ever ever ever.

He's undersized and dribbles too much - before we even touch his off the court antics. Sick handle tho

I'll take Tatum.

Last edited:
Lebron just threatened to retire. He'll be traded to the Warriors by August.

the lakers were a bad to mediocre team all season. they barely won their play in game - and then got to play a Memphis team in utter disarray because their star player thinks he's Gilbert Arenas 2.0 (not to mention major injuries)... and followed that up with a Golden State team who couldn't win a road game all year.

once they met a team that was actually good? they got smoked.

lebron is still a very good player. he isn't, however, a player who can just will his team to victory anymore. time has caught up. even last night - he had a dominant first half, but only scored 9 points in the 2nd half. and with the season on the line he got tied up by Jamal Murray. lebron of 5 years ago would have put Murray through the rim. this is no insult to lebron - it's merely the reality of his being 38 years old.

he's entered that late Tom Brady phase of his career - where he's still capable of looking like the guy you remember at times, and over the course of a season will put up stats that LOOK like the guy you remember... but he just isn't that guy anymore.

and i think he knows that, too. which is where the doubt is creeping in. his comments the day Bronny committed to USC also makes it seem as if, perhaps, Bronny asked him to chill on the "i need to stick around until i can play with bronny" thing.

i don't think there's a zero chance he retires - but i don't think there's a 100% chance that he returns, either. let's put it at 75/25 - with 75 being that he's back.

Right, it's now a question of does he want to put in the of season work required to keep a soon to be 39 year old body in NBA shape. That was the part that I think eventually got to Brady.

IMO there’s zero chance that he retires. When he retires, it’s because either 1) he goes out on a high note, 2) after going on an 82-game farewell tour to get as many standing ovations as he can, or 3) to play just one game with his son.

enough talking about the team that got swept.

i'm really happy for Jokic here. he's an absolutely brilliant player - and the anti-Jokic pro-Embiid narrative that certain parts of the media took in January/February when it was becoming clear that Jokic was going to win his third straight MVP this year was absolutely disgusting. you want to pump up your guy? fine. but the bashing of Jokic for absolutely no reason was a joke. looking at you, Kendrick Perkins, Drew Hanlen.

IMO there’s zero chance that he retires. When he retires, it’s because either 1) he goes out on a high note, 2) after going on an 82-game farewell tour to get as many standing ovations as he can, or 3) to play just one game with his son.

yea i think he's absolutely the kind of guy who's going to want his farewell tour - which is why i don't think he's retiring, either. but i don't rule out taking a gap year and coming back in 2024-25 to play a year with whatever team drafts Bronny in the mid 2nd round.

i'm really happy for Jokic here. he's an absolutely brilliant player - and the anti-Jokic pro-Embiid narrative that certain parts of the media took in January/February when it was becoming clear that Jokic was going to win his third straight MVP this year was absolutely disgusting. you want to pump up your guy? fine. but the bashing of Jokic for absolutely no reason was a joke. looking at you, Kendrick Perkins, Drew Hanlen.

I have a hard time believing many people take Kendrick Perkins seriously, no less the awards voters.

enough talking about the team that got swept.

Jokic can have the last laugh and get Finals MVP, an award Embiid will never sniff.

I have a hard time believing many people take Kendrick Perkins seriously, no less the awards voters.

it was more than just him... he's just the face of the idiocy at this current moment.

also jokic thinks i'm mean.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1661002600613924864

btw - the guy who just got smoked by him was about to pick him last in the all star draft. last. i know it's a silly thing - but what other two time mvp would be picked last?

Last edited:
the lakers were a bad to mediocre team all season. they barely won their play in game - and then got to play a Memphis team in utter disarray because their star player thinks he's Gilbert Arenas 2.0 (not to mention major injuries)... and followed that up with a Golden State team who couldn't win a road game all year.

once they met a team that was actually good? they got smoked.

In short, the Kings should have made the west finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom