Sigur Rós Párt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fall tour. :drool:

Yes, please!

I tried to convince my friend who was going to Sasquatch to make room for Sigur Ros, but I don't think she did. :(

I'm going to wait to have the CD in my grubby little hands next Tuesday night to blast it and bliss out.

I'll be seeing them in three weeks. Yay!

Rock Werchter Thursday: Vampire Weekend -> The National -> Bloc Party -> Sigur Ros. :drool:
Pretty good huh?

I know they were just here for Sasquatch, but that doesn't count as Seattle. Also, it was a festival. Also also, I was out of the country. NO FAIR.

Reads more like a 9+ than an 8.1 but whatevs, it's good. I listened to the stream three times and I totally agree with the review. The title song has the potential to become one of my all-time favorite SR songs.

Dýrason's drums continuously push Jónsi’s call and response vocals to new ecstatic spaces between disco pleasure and black metal pain.

:rockon:

I held off on the stream too. Amazon added it to the Instant Rip thing, so I'll hopefully be hearing it tonight.

I'd have held off, too, except I'd already heard half of it live and my life is so crazy right now, listening to the stream took my mind off of other things when I needed just that. I should get my copy in the mail tomorrow.

I will be getting my copy tomorrow, but decided to listen to the stream.

I was not disappointed. Tremendous piece of work, especially from the rhythm section. Among their best.

Local indie store here is listing that a bonus 10" EP if you buy the new album from them. Anyone know what that is?

EDIT:

Supposedly this is on the 10":

10" Bonus Tracks:

Hryggjarsúla
Ofbirta
Brennisteinn
(Blanck Mass Instrumental Remix)

Heading to one of my favorite record stores after work tomorrow to see if I can score the delux vinyl with the 10".

Just got that email too. I bought my LP from Amoeba so I could get the bonus 10", but I snagged the CD on Amazon to be sent to my dad as a belated Father's Day gift. The spoils of the download are all mine.

This and Yeezus to jam at work tomorrow sweet sassy molassey.

I'm working from home tomorrow, planned so I could dash to Sonic Boom at 10:00, pick up this and Kanye, and jam out all day.

But I have a meeting at 10:00. I HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE HOUR TO GO BUY IT. :sad:

I previewed some of these songs and now I think I have to listen to the entire thing. And I've never really paid much attention to Sigur Ros before.

Back
Top Bottom