Random Music Talk CXXI: Not this time, Crappy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This really makes me laugh, but I don't know what the hell he means by it.
There was a book released recently (an oral history of the NY rock scene when the Strokes were kings of the scene) and it was revealed that Ryan Adams was the one who introduced Albert Hammond Jr. to heroin. Hammond's addiction was one of the biggest factors in the Strokes nearly breaking up/taking forever to release new material.

Adams "strung out on lasagna" line is a reference to that and more directly a reference to the fact that Casablancas has put on weight since the Strokes early days and is chubbier now.

Back to Cut Copy - I agree that Free Your Mind was much better than Zonoscope.

In Memory Capsule is one of their best songs.

T Swizzle's new album looks like it's going to have an edge to it.

The-Edge.jpg

New Morrissey album coming in November, though I suppose I'm probably his only fan left here at this point.

Wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but it's the only album of his beginning to end that I consider to be worth listening to.

hey i finally got to check out new Brand New album and it was cool. it might not have been as good as it's hyped up to be, but whatever

Definitely not as good as hyped, but yeah it's decent stuff. I'm not the one to ask though; I've always thought they were just OK.

way harsh, Tai. Can the dude just not retroactively retire instead of kicking the bucket?

It's not his music that's the problem, it's his racist public statements and everything else that's tarnished his legacy over the years. I have a feeling that even if Morrissey retired from music he'd still make outrageous public statements that only serve to destroy his image. The Morrissey who fronted The Smiths is a completely different person than the Morrissey of today. It is harsh, but his legacy and reputation would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom