Beady Eye (Liam Gallagher)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw the video with the go-go girls in it and was rather bored with the song- it wasn't terrible, but just Liam trying to be Rolling Stones. I always thought that Noel was the real talent in that band- much more interested in what he does in the future

The Gallagher Brothers: Sucking the life out of music since 1997!

071026_111254_Oasis315IDOLS_04.jpg

Ha, I watched a motorcycle stunt show in that at Glastonbury last year :applaud:

at least all these songs are consistent. consistently terrible attempts at re-writing revolver, but at least they're all bad. 100% shit is a good thing because then i know i'll be avoiding it completely rather than buying something for its one good song only to be sorely disappointed later.

0:56 - intro to "good day sunshine" kind of made me want too sacrifice a john lennon impersonator to the rock n roll gods.

predicatbly Q Magazine gives the album a glowing review- have heard The Roller- it's basically Instant Karma with different lyrics

at least all these songs are consistent. consistently terrible attempts at re-writing revolver, but at least they're all bad. 100% shit is a good thing because then i know i'll be avoiding it completely rather than buying something for its one good song only to be sorely disappointed later.

McMahon.gif

I heard one of the album tracks yesterday. Despite the meh lyrics, it was a very good song. The song was Morning Son, IIRC.

For Liam Gallagher, I'd say this greatly exceeds expectations. And when pitted against its competitors, it's very decent.

Old Liam is getting some fairly positive reviews here in the UK. Most of them note how surprised they are to be giving him approval.

Does anyone remember XTC's side project, The Dukes of Stratosphere: Chips from the Chocolate Fireball?

That's what this album reminds me of. Fun, hooky pop songs that don't take themselves too seriously. At that level, this is an enjoyable album.

It also makes Liam's criticism of KOL that much more ridiculous. It wasn't like he was going for the more cerebral and challenging album here.

Danny Boy said:
Does anyone remember XTC's side project, The Dukes of Stratosphere: Chips from the Chocolate Fireball?

That's what this album reminds me of. Fun, hooky pop songs that don't take themselves too seriously. At that level, this is an enjoyable album.

It also makes Liam's criticism of KOL that much more ridiculous. It wasn't like he was going for the more cerebral and challenging album here.

That's high praise. Those albums contain some of my favorite neo-psychedelia. :up: Somehow, I doubt these songs are as intricate and clever as theirs though. Hope to hear it later.

Back
Top Bottom