Some lyrics I'm working on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
"Rain"

Isn’t life beautiful…
Isn’t life grand…
But what makes it worth living
Is something I can’t understand
But I try
And I get by
But each day moves by slowly
Like paint drying on the canvas of my troubled mind

A life without love
A life without romance
I know it’s possible
And I’d like to give it a chance
But then there’s you
You’re a solution best left untried
Yet somehow you still find ways
To blow my troubled mind

I do what my folks back home told me
To keep yourself safe, to keep myself warm
What they always forgot to tell me
Is how hard it is not to be mentally worn
If I could stare into the heavens
I would see what I’m missing
In this world of sorrow, debt
And emotionless kissing

And the rain, it pours
Falls through the gutter of you and yours
And I finally want you to see
That it also falls on me
Now I’m wet from living
Life never feels much like giving
And now all I have is gone
My troubled mind has been withdrawn

Something for my band's next album. It looks nice, but it's a little clunky when put to music. :slant: I'll have to tighten it up a bit before I put down a vocal. I've never considered myself much of a lyricist at all, but you have to be when no one else will write for you. :wink:

LemonMelon said:
"Rain"

To blow my troubled mind

Those are my favorite lines. :love:

LemonMelon said:
"Rain"

Isn’t life beautiful…
Isn’t life grand…
But what makes it worth living
Is something I can’t understand
But I try
And I get by

A life without love
A life without romance
I know it’s possible
And I’d like to give it a chance
But then there’s you
To blow my troubled mind

I do what my folks back home told me
To keep yourself safe, to keep myself warm
What they always forgot to tell me
Is how hard it is not to be mentally worn
If I could stare into the heavens
I would see what I’m missing
In this world of sorrow, debt
And emotionless kissing

And the rain, it pours
Falls through the gutter of you and yours
And I finally want you to see
That it also falls on me
Now I’m wet from living
Life never feels much like giving
And now all I have is gone
My troubled mind has been withdrawn

Something for my band's next album. It looks nice, but it's a little clunky when put to music. :slant: I'll have to tighten it up a bit before I put down a vocal. I've never considered myself much of a lyricist at all, but you have to be when no one else will write for you. :wink:

Nice, are you the singer in your band?
I have a band, too, we're putting together our demo which we hope to finish for december. And.................I'm the singer!
I asked you if you're the singer because you said you have to write songs because no one writes for you. Personnally, I really can't sing what other write, I must absolutely write my songs! The other 2 guys in my band are just players, but they never put down a word (think they neither have the will, what counts is they continue playing like they do!)
I also do the Bg's, really, I don't leave the others any chance!
:wink:
I spend nights writing and recording, and it feels incredible, hours go by and I neither notice it!

Re: Re: Some lyrics I'm working on

babyman said:

Nice, are you the singer in your band?
I have a band, too, we're putting together our demo which we hope to finish for december. And.................I'm the singer!
I asked you if you're the singer because you said you have to write songs because no one writes for you. Personnally, I really can't sing what other write, I must absolutely write my songs! The other 2 guys in my band are just players, but they never put down a word (think they neither have the will, what counts is they continue playing like they do!)
I also do the Bg's, really, I don't leave the others any chance!
:wink:
I spend nights writing and recording, and it feels incredible, hours go by and I neither notice it!

Gosh, I can't believe I didn't check this thread till now. :huh:

Yes, I'm the singer in my band, and I intend on getting the lyrics finished up for the rest of my album soon. How is work with your band coming along? Got to say, I do enjoy writing, particularly the music. I love experimenting and trying bizarre new chord structures and arrangements. Anything to shake things up. :yes:

Re: Re: Re: Some lyrics I'm working on

LemonMelon said:

I love experimenting and trying bizarre new chord structures and arrangements. Anything to shake things up. :yes:

i'm just now getting into that! i haven't started writing lyrics yet. that part intimidates me. i'm writing a song with my instructor right now and it is so much fun!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Some lyrics I'm working on

unico said:

i'm just now getting into that! i haven't started writing lyrics yet. that part intimidates me. i'm writing a song with my instructor right now and it is so much fun!

Oh, yes...the lyrics are the trickiest part for me too. I'm doing some different things to see what works best when it comes to lyric-writing. For instance, with the album I'm working on, I decided to write all of the music first, and base the lyrics off of the sound I get from what I've recorded. Next time, I may write all of the lyrics first and write music for them to see what happens.

"You're a solution best left untried...." - WOW.... tell me we haven't all known somebody like this!

Back
Top Bottom