question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BabyGrace

Refugee
do you ever wish you had the courage to just say something? and where does that courage come from; how do you get it? is it your fault if you don't and the moment is wasted or was it just not meant to be, just fate?

only curious..

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

Say it. Rejection is better than regret.

Funny you should mention this, because I grappled the same issue in the spring. However, I was too much of a coward and said nothing. Now I fear I might regret it for the rest of my life.
frown.gif

Ormus

I have that feeling way too often...

But when I actually do speak up, I feel really really good. It's just that I seem to not speak up at least as often.

As for where you get the courage, it depends...sometimes if it's appropriate, I can get it or at least get help by praying. Otherwise, it just kind of depends if I push myself or not in the one split second that really matters--the one in which you decide to speak out or not. If it's that kind of situation.

------------------
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." -Zaphod Beeblebrox

yar
tis a bummer

depends on the thing though too

i never have the courage to stand up to people
i never have the courage to tell someone important how i feel, that part is getting much better actually.

i dont know where the courage comes from or how one gets it.
i think u just get to a point where you change and cant take things the way they are any more.
oi know ive changed as far as that stuff goes A LOT in my early 20s. Im so different to how I used to be even when i was 21.
i dunno for me, the older i get, the more reckless and risk taking i seem to become.
shouldnt it be the other way around?!

I'm a bit like zooropamanda, I was pretty 'soft' in high school, never really spoke up about things, wasn't a pushover, I mean if it was defensive I could do it, but I wasn't I guess pro-active in putting myself in a better position (make sense?) but it's just naturally grown on me since then. I'm now 22, well 23 next week
(!!shit!!) and I now almost have the opposite problem of always trying to keep my big mouth shut.

I think it's kind of a confidence thing, and if you have one case of getting 'the balls' to say something you normally wouldn't in a situation (eg telling someone how you feel)
and it works for you, then it will always get easier from there.

Just try and spit it out without really thinking about it, without psyching yourself out and see how the result goes.
If it works you'll be better for it, if it doesn't then remember all men are bastards.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by TylerDurden (edited 10-02-2001).]

haha Tyler, yes thank you thats a handy bit of information!
biggrin.gif

thats another alternative, convince yourself theyre a jerk anyway
wink.gif

Ormus,
frown.gif

I really hope not..have faith

Scattero, yes sometimes I can get it through prayer, it definitely depends on what tho. (I also have this thing about using Bono to encourage me: a "what would Bono do?" kinda thing
biggrin.gif
*realizes shes hopeless* ) but basically, I agree with you Manda and TylerD. I always shy away from these stupid situations for whatever silly reason, only time it's different is when i get fed up with my own indecison and just do it. I think the more experience you have in life, the more confident are, you stop questioning your opinion about everything and yourself as a person. I'm the worst fighter known to man cos the moment i get in an argument, im like 'wait a moment...i never looked at it their way...what if theyre right and im wrong??'
maybe the experience thing is why you guys got it later...
Manda, maybe its a "growing up vs. getting old" kinda thing about risk taking
biggrin.gif

never stop getting crazier and you'll never start getting older

oh well, maybe we should start a support club or something, cos this seems to be a common disease
frown.gif

oh yeah and betty if ya still wanna talk just email me

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

I've gotten much better at it the last few years

(ever since I told my first boss "I quit")

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom