Well, sir, I'm an idiot.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unforgettableFOXfire

I serve MacPhisto
I dont seem to get law. But, if you put up with this, you get a hilarious confession at the end... ;)

Im currently doing a case study for law, and suffice to say I just cannot grasp what point theyre ultimately trying to reach with this...

http://www.lexum.umontreal.ca/csc-scc/cgi-bin/disp.pl/en/pub/1995/vol2/html/1995scr2_1031.html

http://www.canlii.org/ca/cas/scc/1995/1995scc62.html

Those two links are both in regards to the same case, the second one is just a shorter version of the first (without all the explanation and jargon and such).

Ive stared at this since I got home from school, and it boggles my mind... what the hell desicion did they come to?

See, this: "the Ontario EPA was not constitutionally applicable to CP, a federal undertaking"

And this: "Does s. 13(1)(a) of the Environmental Protection Act, constitutionally apply to the appellant when maintaining its right-of-way? [...] Yes."

Is it just me, or do those seem to contradict each other?

:banghead:

Why, why did I procrastinate?!? Whyyy!?!?!?

Im officially never becoming a lawyer. Ever. Ev-er.

In terms of a real confession though... How about this then? Youll all love this :lol:

Once, when I was in Thunder Bay, I tripped on the pier and fell into Lake Superior... I banged my knee pretty good on one of those giant metal boat tying thingies in the process of tripping, and then falling the ten feet to the water below and looking like a complete ass. Thats not the best part though, this was all about an two and a half hours before our plane left, and all of our luggage was already taken to the airport, so I had no clothes left - I had to borrow some from a friend of mine who had kept a change in his carry-on bag. I was 12 at the time, on a camping trip for scouts. Luckily, this was before I moved and I have nobody to harass me about it.

Im a tool. :crack: lol

However, on said camping trip, I got to see the barenaked ladies, and they played a modified version of 'If I had a Million Dollars' for the 13,000 scouts at CJ. So it wasnt a total loss. I love [the] barenaked ladies (see, isnt it so much funnier when you take the 'the' out of that sentance?)

Gawsh I hate this law crap... :yawn:

Well, I can't read "legal" very well but I'll take a stab at it. I believe the case is about a railroad company that was burning some brush on their property. People living nearby were attempting to sue for possible health risks from the smoke and fumes. As best as I can tell, the Canadian court is (or has) recommending that the (appeal) case should be dismissed because there are no specific health repercussions. Apprantly Canada has some laws in the books against lawsuits being "too broad" or frivilous? If you ever find out the answer to your question let me know. I'd be interested in finding out how well I did heh heh. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom