U2 tributes and observing a bad relationship

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For Honor

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I will make an effort to keep the postlength down and to keep on topic.........

First, I recently went a-browsing through the local malls and of course made a b-line to the U2 section. I'm looking for some different kinds of music nowadays, and I find that most words are fleeting (heh, maybe that's why I write so much...... :huh: :| ), but really, I can't stand most music I find.

So I'm into some (traditional) oriental stuff, things from other culturers are appealing to me..... for some reason....... (heh, I've been told I will marry abroad or fall in love with someone from far away... which sucks, because I don't like distance already.....)

Well, I've already messed up by going off topic....

anyhow.......
I was in the mall, and I was going through some tribute bands and stuff. I remember something from a U2 book I was reading, and it was so true - it's best not to impersonate/duplicate U2, because when you do, it sucks. Bad.

I was most thankful that a certain store had an "album-test-er-out-er" device. I listened to this one rendition of "PRIDE", and it was actually so bad that I could not summon the strength to remove the headphones. I was paralyzed looking at the back of the CD and seeing the word "PRIDE" there, and desparately try to (or not, perhaps) associate it with the "music" I heard coming out of the machine.

I mean, I can respect artistic diversity, but..........
It's my favorite song and they massacred it....
There was no substance left, it's meaning was gone

The words were so empty and .... missused.... it was.....
disgusting........

I was surprised though, by a few classical tributes.
On an album called "Strung out on U2", their version of "BAD" is incredible, with a violin and echo making a stunning "tribute" to Edges guitar.... it really is good stuff.

(edit: I spelt "chello" below... I am leaving it up because it is mildly humerous to me, as many things are this late in the evening...)

And then teh Royal Philharmoic Orchestra had an album out. The girl on the cover was pretty hot, playing a chello in a very nice little back dress :yes: .....alright.... staying focused on the music.... But their rendition of PRIDE was actually very good. I laughed at first, but they captured the Grandness and splendor of the song very well, and whatever they did with the strings during the Edges solo and the followign bridge was really cool, too.

So those two were decent albums. But most everything else is remarkably horrible. Maybe I just have an unpleasant disposition with words as of late....... (Oh, and I also have "pickin on U2, a bluegrass tribute". THat is actaually a fine ablum. They captured the songs very well)

--------------------------

Observing a bad relationships............

have you ever seen one?
They are ugly.......

My dad and his,,,, um........."Fiancee?".............. (I Hope not)
Girlfriend, I guess......

It's just pathetic.
She is, as I have metioned before, I think, a drug additct.
I would say recovering, but.......
I would be lieing

She's done all sorts of things, but she hasn't come through, and I know it is a severe thing, but she doesn't seem to be trying hard enough. I don't think she is emotionally mature....

I have heard that once you stop doing drugs, you revert back to the state of mind you had when you started. So I guess she started at about 7 years old then..... but so be it.....

She's never really stopped drugs anyways...
And my father, the source of limitless forgiveness, doesn't ever make a stand. She knows it and just keeps pushing.

I don't mind her doing drugs, really.
I could live with that if she was a mature person who acted her age (over 40), and not like an adolecent.
But she has no character, and that, of course, is what is importatnt to me.

She doesn't respect my father, and barely me.
On the night of my birthday, she walks out on us, and most likely went to go get high. This took my dad away from his dinner, and didn't come back until 20 minutes later, without hir girl. She is inconsiderate, childish, and selfish.

My dad talks to me all the time about how the realitonship is not going to last very long, but it's been that way for a year or more it seems, and he is going coward on me, and I'm loosing patience with him, too. I don't understand how he can tolerate it, and then complain about it. It's sort of pathetic. especially lately.....

She's just been a total bitch lately, and it's so stupid, it is all games and crap. PLaying the blame game, playing with emotions, playing this and that, playing around..... it's so stupid.
I hoep my dad can do something about it.....

I won't be around forever, and sooner or later he'll be on his own. We are good friends and talk about a lot, but I have never invaded his personal life. I wish I could so that I could (verbally)break his girlfriend in half

(I find I'm pretty good at that...)

But she's easy, since she is a walking cauldron of deceit, lies, dishonesty, no honor, no respect, and incompetence, lack of concern, and lack of meaning. She has some good moments, and I guess that is enough for my fathers unlimited patience, but..... she disrespects him all the time. And no person is worth that. I know I wouldn't want anyone to stay with me if I did that to them.

The unfortunate truth, and I think this is so with any relationship - my dad is too wounded emotinally to put up with her, and she is emotinally wounded as well. There is a cycle of pain and destruction. She is frustrated that she has never taken control over her life, yet loves indulgence, and loves to "never do wrong", like in her daddys eyes. My dad has been seeking emotional and physical gratification since the divorce, and has traded both for his mental/emotional well being.

He does not do drugs, and I am proud of that.
But he is..... not dealing with things appropriateley

Both of them are being the victim, and non one wants to step it up and be the hero....

Last edited:
"I will watch my Post lenght" - yeah, my @$$ lol

Anyhowm one more thing for this thread:

I hope I don't turn into some ultra selective relationship-miser kind of dude. I mean, I'm seeing all the bad examples, and, admitdely......... I'm geting really cautious about everything.....

It's hard to find someone I can get along with.....

and I don't mean to be so.... critical..... but it is very hard for me to ignore things. But I always keep in mind that I have my faults and shortcomings, too. (such as being critical, overanylitcal, lengthy post length, and odd tastes in music and what is right/wrong, rebeling against society in such a way that I do not fit into a prescribed clique and therefore make myself unapproabcable........)

Anyway.........

The good thing is ai guess I know what I so supposed to look for, sinc eI've done a lot of personal personlaity research, and personality research in general.

But I still feel like the most important thing is the meaning of what is important to a person. Some people need freedom, others commitment, etc. I hope to find someone who wants what I want, and is willing to work for that; a shared dream, a shared goal, etc....

Wow, I'm pretty tired, but I cant go to sleep....

I guess I also want someone who enjoys going to bed together. Not neccesarily in a sexual way.

*yawn*

thats all for now

If it was only that easy. I almost wish I could just do it for him, but I can't.

I realize now he is one of those wishy-washy people... He needs a lot more self-power. I have seen and heard the crack of the "whip" too many times, and I'm starting to point it out more and more. I don't mind doing things for your woman, but when your woman is no good to you, she looses her privledges. And even more so, you aren't even supposed to be in a relationship where it's one sided, no matter what gender you are.

Back
Top Bottom