Some advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

floweravalanche

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Where the streets have no name, In God's Country,
So I need some advice, on Friday I'm suppose to go out on a date with this guy I met from an online dating site, I never really met him or anything but we've been talking for a couple weeks now, and he seems pretty nice, so he asked me out on a date on Friday, I want to but at the same time I'm not sure.

I really hate not being in a relationship its been 9months since I have been in one and I'm still a little messed up emotionally because of that one so I'm a bet nervous and a little bet afraid about dating again

Also there is this guy name Dan, I like him a lot and I mean a lot we use to date but I screwed that up, but we're still very close friends and everything and he told me he would like to get together again someday but before he can do that he has to make sure he is right, so we have to just be friends until then. I like Dan, more like love Dan, but I don't know if I can keep waiting on the boat for him to decide if he wants to go out or not, I feel if I keep waiting I'll miss out on what can be out there for me.

So I'm not sure on what to do any advice would be great.

Should I go on this date? Wait on Dan? Give up all together? Or what> I dont know what to do

i've been in your boat before. if it were me, i'd give up on waiting for dan, there's no sense in wasting years for him to maybe never come to you and say he's ready. you can always go on this date friday if you want, though again if it were me, i'd wait a bit before getting in a serious relationship until i'd know i was over dan for sure. though of course sometimes a date can be the best way to start that process. :up:

Thanks Khanda

I guess its rough for me because I like I said I hate not being in a realtionship and I know I'm young and all but I also feel I'm missing out on so much.

Everyone I know is in a relationship, married, have kids, etc, but not I

Now I almost got married but I let go of that guy because of my own problems etc, and after that my realtionship have been crappy, my last one is a great example of that.

I would like to go on dates and see what is out there etc, but at the same time I don't want to put myself into a trap or something and get myself hurt or someone else.

But also going on a date will be a good start for me, so I'm not waiting on the shore for the waves to come when in reality they may never come at all.

I agree on not waiting for Dan

The fact that you said twice that you hate not being in a relationship is a "concern". I have realized one thing for sure and that is that the path to misery begins with comparing your life to your friends' and/or family members' lives. One good thing about getting older is that you realize that and you are content with it. You can care much less about what other people think about your life and your choices.

It sounds to me as if you need to take time out and away from looking to a relationship with a guy to make you happy and get to know yourself and be happy within yourself first :)

i think you should wait for dan, he sounds like a cool guy.

you should go on your date though if you want to

-dan

The guy that wants me to go on a date is gonna meet my Dad and we're going to an arcade place and then may go see some local bands play. I never go on a date without letting my Dad know where I am, who I am with etc. Like you said Ms.Purrl there are some crazies out there.

I'm not comparing my life to any one, I just hate being lonely, etc, I can't really put it into words.

Now I had to laugh with what Dan (dray9911) said that was cute lol

I don't think you should wait for Dan. I think he want to set things straight for himself. Sometimes it's better to have a good friend instead of a relationship with that person.

Go and have that date! But I want to say one thing: You hate being lonely and I think it's not a good reason for a relationship. Even if your date works out fine, make sure you take things slowly and things will be okay!

Good luck and have fun!:hug:

My Date went wonderful! Better then I thought it would be, we had such a great time together, we did go karts, laser tag, played some games, had some food, bowled, then went out for a couple of drinks, he was a very nice guy, very polite and loved to joke around and everything, I had a wonderful time. Even though I almost killed us and a couple people on the go-karts we had a blast together:lol:, we're gonna see each another again on Sunday.:D

::cough:: ::cough:: waitfordanbecausehesoundslikeanawesomeguy ::cough:: ::cough::

but glad your date went good, that sounds like my kind of evening

-dan

I thought I would update, so far me and Justin ( the guy I went out with on friday) Seem to really like each another and are having a good time. He is so mature compared to any other guy I have ever dated it different but he keeps me on my toes, making sure I do my homework, get to bed at a decent time instead of like 4am lol etc, he is very nice, caring etc so far. I'm trying my best to not fall hard and then set myself up later for an heart break ( which I hope not) but I can say so far he has made me very happy:love:

I'm all confused now. What does it mean when a guy says "I hope you're not falling in love"? I'm a little down now and confused:huh::sad:

It sounds like you might be falling in love too fast and he probably can see it. Try and take things slowly. I don't know your age but you have all the time in the world to fall in love and get married. Being single can be fun. :)

Back
Top Bottom