Random Facts and Confessions #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mum lent me a pair of her earrings for my office Xmas party that she's never worn yet, and when I came home yesterday I realised one of my ears was missing an earring :no: Then my mum told me how much the damn things cost :ohmy: My family agreed on no Xmas presents this year but I think owe my mum one big time now.

I am slowly realizing that you can try and try and try, but you cannot help someone unless they want to be helped.

I forgot how fun long phone calls can be.

:up::love:

My mum lent me a pair of her earrings for my office Xmas party that she's never worn yet, and when I came home yesterday I realised one of my ears was missing an earring :no: Then my mum told me how much the damn things cost :ohmy: My family agreed on no Xmas presents this year but I think owe my mum one big time now.

:uhoh: :hug:

I am slowly realizing that you can try and try and try, but you cannot help someone unless they want to be helped.

:hug::hug::hug:

YIPES! :uhoh: Is there any chance you could try to find it?

:hug: that's very true. Some people just don't want to be helped... some prefer to swallow themselves in self-pity.

I wished that my kids would believe in Santa forever. It adds such a fun element to Christmas. Just the thought of them not believing anymore makes me :sad:. I know it is silly, but it is so much fun to see the joy in their eyes!

my mate just got back from Europe and he said the clubbing/partying in Berlin is just fucking nuts. i already had a sense of this, given some of the stuff i've read about U2 and Bowie recording in Berlin, and the lyric "or in Berlin where they go another night" in LCD Soundsystem's song North American Scum. but he reckons he got taken to this place that looked like an abandoned warehouse. graffiti everywhere, looked shoddy, had to climb rickety stairs to get there. no bouncers on the door, you just walk in and you are blown away by how loud the beats are. and he says that a train runs over the top of the club every 10 minutes or so. and he says that DJ builds up the song for like a minute, and then the whole place goes silent, and then the train drives over, and then he drops the beat, and the whole joint just goes fucking crazy. i was captivated by this story. must.get.to.europe.

vincent vega posts in here from time to time yes? and he's from Berlin yes? i hope so. maybe he can tell me more...

Oh it helps! :hug: For those of you that don't know, my grandma has been fighting for her life for 2 weeks. The stress of that is almost unbearable. On the bright side, I have received support from some wonderful people. :cute:

She is up and out of bed this morning! :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

She had surgery yesterday, and it went better than we could have hoped for!

:hug: and prayers for things to get easier for all of you angel :hug:

I need a girl!

And I'm not just talking about the P. Diddy song!

:shifty: or maybe if you were in Holland right now.....

:cute:

I'm listening to U2 for the first time in around a year (whenever NLOTH was released) and it's not bad.

:lol: . . . I adore this album . . . it is often played around these parts (so much so that kidlet number 3 knows the words to just about all of them by rote :giggle: ) . . . after the Monday night show in Sydney my hublet has suddenly discovered his fondness for it . . . berating me for not introducing him to it earlier :der:

It is after 3 pm, and I am still in my pj's!:reject:

hooooorrrraaaaaay for slotheriness :heart:

I can't stop looking at this.

tumblr_ldj5hhcY7f1qeqz31o1_400.gif

:sad: . . . neither can I, now! :scream:

The Shining intrigued the fuck outta me

au contraire . . . it scared the bejaysus out of moi :uhoh:

I forgot how fun long phone calls can be.

oh ditto . . . when time melts away and you're left with a hot ear and a big smile on your heart :heart:

awwww poooo! that is a hideous feeling ~ hope you find it soon :hug:

this.

Had a series of chirpractic tests today, including spinal, neurological, and cardiovascular. Among other things, my stress levels are solid. :up: Considering my life is far from free of stress-factors, I attribute this to my lifestyle and the things I do to manage said stressors. Thankyou, yoga. :kiss:

Had a series of chirpractic tests today, including spinal, neurological, and cardiovascular. Among other things, my stress levels are solid. :up: Considering my life is far from free of stress-factors, I attribute this to my lifestyle and the things I do to manage said stressors. Thankyou, yoga. :kiss:

I love yoga. Especially the kind with the fruit on the bottom... and I hear it regulates your digestion.... What? That's wha'? Oh, Yo-GA not YoGHURT.

Nevermind.

:D

Can someone please explain what exactly it is about my posts that makes trolls think I'm offending them when I'm not? :crack: Happens every frickin' time, and I just don't get it. Sometimes I even rewrite my posts a couple of times to sound nicer, yet it still seems to make them cry.

Can someone please explain what exactly it is about my posts that makes trolls think I'm offending them when I'm not? :crack: Happens every frickin' time, and I just don't get it. Sometimes I even rewrite my posts a couple of times to sound nicer, yet it still seems to make them cry.

Screw 'em, GG--they're not worth troubling yourself over! :hug:

Someone at the hospital was negligent today, and my grandma got injured. Are you f*cking kidding me????? Oh, these people are going to feel my wrath tomorrow!!:angry:

I wonder if working a double is the same as having a day off. My BS meter has been really off lately.

Someone at the hospital was negligent today, and my grandma got injured. Are you f*cking kidding me????? Oh, these people are going to feel my wrath tomorrow!!:angry:

What the bloody hell? What happened? :hug: In a hospital nonetheless! That's where people should be cured from injuries, not GET them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom