Random Facts and Confessions #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confesh: Tomorrow is my last day at the old clinic. I'm neither happy nor sad. It's just weird.

:shrug:

Confesh: Tomorrow is my last day at the old clinic. I'm neither happy nor sad. It's just weird.

:shrug:

:hug: it's time for the kaffymeister to open all those new doors to fabulousness :)

Confession....I understood Purple's joke. :shifty:

:yuck:

:wink:

:shocked: :wink: . . . so did my girl :laugh:

I found my big girl pants but am still feeling slightly wounded :doh:

thanks everyone for being so lovely when I had my little wobble :loveshower:

< washing machine just fully exploded . . .*drowning* *splutter* *throw me some towels mavis* :grumpy:

I really don't know how to pronounce Corbijn.:huh: But I think the 'j' is silent. So I mostly say it like Corbine (as in turbine) and sometimes Corbain (brain without the 'r' ) and even Corbin (as in dust bin )
And sometimes I even misspell it 'Corbjin'. But that probably won't make any difference if 'j' is silent:hmm:

Please enlighten me.....

Like Core-Bin

Not quite. The J would make a HUGE difference as the vowel is an "ij", not an "i". :wink:
It's quite hard to explain how to properly pronounce it, just so you know they way Bono and the boys say it is totally WRONG. :wink: That's how Edge_O would say it I guess.
The "ij" is like a long drawn i, so it'd be like you pronounce eye. corb-eye-n. :lol: it's the closest I can think of.

I confess that I'm torn between wanting to protect myself from getting hurt or hurting someone in the process of protecting myself. :(

Oh DG!!!:hug::hug::hug:

Sometimes the right thing to do is also the hardest thing to do! Thinking of you!:hug::heart:

Not quite. The J would make a HUGE difference as the vowel is an "ij", not an "i". :wink:
It's quite hard to explain how to properly pronounce it, just so you know they way Bono and the boys say it is totally WRONG. :wink: That's how Edge_O would say it I guess.
The "ij" is like a long drawn i, so it'd be like you pronounce eye. corb-eye-n. :lol: it's the closest I can think of.

"long drawn i"... sounds great. Thanks

I'll be having grilled chicken with Tom Chaplins.:hyper:

I confess I've chosen to protect myself and hurt someone I've grown to care about. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. :(

We are here for you Em!!:hug::hug::hug:

I confess that someone is doing something that is really confusing me.:huh: I'm just going to let it slide!

I just had a "lighbulb" moment, and now something that has confused me for a while totally makes sense!

HA HA HA!!!! Actually, my feelings about something were confusing and clouded, and now they are clear as day!

We are here for you Em!!:hug::hug::hug:

I confess that someone is doing something that is really confusing me.:huh: I'm just going to let it slide!

You should probably not let things slide. That's how people learn what they can get away with.

I'm in my final year of uni, and I'm 20. Most of my friends are a year or two older and last night we were talking about life after graduation and all that jazz, it seemed so strange that two of my good friends were talking about marriage and not having to work if they didn't want to etc etc. It just struck me as such a waste. I'm single and quite happy, and at 20 I certainly don't want to settle down.
I had plans to simply get a decent job and carry on much the way I am :shrug: I don't feel at all dissatisfied with my lot, but am I missing the point? I think it's quite depressing that you would work so hard to get a good degree and then not move to an area where the most opportunities are to be had and just move in with your other half. Just seems like a bit of a waste.

I dunno, this is just general musings, just got me thinking :hmm:

Can only handle so much, and the news today just broke me.....:sad:

I'm in my final year of uni, and I'm 20. Most of my friends are a year or two older and last night we were talking about life after graduation and all that jazz, it seemed so strange that two of my good friends were talking about marriage and not having to work if they didn't want to etc etc. It just struck me as such a waste. I'm single and quite happy, and at 20 I certainly don't want to settle down.
I had plans to simply get a decent job and carry on much the way I am :shrug: I don't feel at all dissatisfied with my lot, but am I missing the point? I think it's quite depressing that you would work so hard to get a good degree and then not move to an area where the most opportunities are to be had and just move in with your other half. Just seems like a bit of a waste.

I dunno, this is just general musings, just got me thinking :hmm:

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be on your own, and not immediately marrying and "settling down." You are only 20, and will have a lot of your life ahead! It seems like these days that the time of "not having to work if you don't want to" is no longer the way it is, unless you marry a very rich person, anyway. Do what feels right for you! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom