Priorities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
OK, so this is another complicated rant probably, :reject: but...I think I complain too much to people that don't really need to hear it. Question...is it wrong to be incredibly stressed about something that appears important to you even though it seems petty to others and might actually be insignificant in the long run? I know things such as my masters exams and so on aren't life and death (well, some people make them that way, but I don't agree that it should be). I should be glad I have the chance to do it at all. But it still gives me ulcers, stresses me out, etc...at the same time, there are jobless people who deem it petty. I HATE feeling petty - it's something I've never considered myself. If I've invested so much in it though, why should it be less important in the scheme of my life? Anyway, yeah, I need to start a journally thing rather than these rambles... I guess I'm just feeling dumb and seeking validation... ;)

while studying for a masters exam isn't what I'd call life and death, I'd say it is pretty important and not petty

but don't stress too much it's not good for you :hug:

:hug:

heres the thing, I think everyone should complain about whatever they need to complain about. If a person thinks that the "thing" a person is complaining about is petty then they have the option of not replying or reacting to the post. In reality for some people this place is the only place in their life that they can complain and not feel judge by others.

:hug:

Everyone in this world has different priorities. So whether yours are based on your schooling (something I'm sure you've worked very hard at) or work (which other people work very hard at), no one should judge you. Everyone works toward different goals. Just because yours might be somewhat different than someone else's doesn't mean that your goal is petty (and similarly, it doesn't mean that other people's goals are petty either). We all strive to achieve different things; no one should make you feel guilty or bad or petty for wanting to succeed in school, do well on your exams, or follow your dreams.

Everyone's priorities are different. If right now your priority is to study for your exams then there's nothing petty about that at all. People value different things, have different goals, and all of those goals are valid.

Back
Top Bottom