Need your help and prayers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

girlhappy

War Child
My life is really demanding lately(last few years to be exact).
I am looking for a job, cant find one, live in a f...up country where young people cant get o job in a honest way. I am totally exhausted and frustrated and angry about it. Is that all?
No, i am afraid. My granny i love deeply is in a nursing home for older people, she is not living with me any more(and my mum). It is hard not having her around even though i am visiting her on a regular basis. And on the top of all that, my ant who i love and admire the most has a cancer. How much is enough?
My question is: how can i keep the fatih in a God, what he wants, and why is he punushing good people like my ant and all the idiots are walking around with with every need fulfilled? I know it sounds like...i want to judge, but it is the first question i would ask God if i had i chance. And how can i keep my spirits up without any securitiy and in constant fear for people i love the most? To feel comfort is like most impossible thing for me.

What country do you live in?

I'd like to offer you help and advice, but I can't. I'm not a religious person and to be honest that is what gets me through tough spells, my lack of faith. Knowing I am a bastion of strength and I don't need some vague entity like god or Jesus to motiviate me.

I can see that probably doesn't apply to you directly, and I'm not questioning your faith, but I urge you just to find some strength in yourself to continue. Make the best out of the little things.

girlhappy, I understand how you feel. I've had some really hard times over the last 3-4 years as well. I have also gotten to the point of asking "how can I keep believing if everything is going wrong?"

I guess the answer is, just hang on. I know that sounds really stupid but it's like hiking up a mountain. When you are in the process of doing it you keep going "oh my god I can't do this" but you keep plugging on. Sometimes you come upon super tough inclines and you think there is no possible way you can make it up, but you do. Before you know it, there you are at the top of the mountain, looking back going "wow, I did it!!"

Life is like that too. You just have to keep your head up and keep going. Some day you will look back on this time and you will be amazed at how strong you are and how you made it through things you NEVER thought you could.

"always pain before a child is born... why the dark before the dawn?..."

Bad news: there is no clear, easy and simple answer. There is and always will be suffering and pain. Life is not fair and was not meant to be. Bad things DO happen to good people... "karma" is flawed.

Good news: ummmm... this is more of a very difficult concept... an attitude... a choice..."faith" that one can choose to believe in, or not.
"Bitterness" and "anger", or acceptance and hope (and ACTION).

I'm reminded of REM's song, "Everybody Hurts".

Take comfort in your friends... Use them NOW. Call them up... Be with them... bitch and moan! Do not be alone in this difficult time. Lean on others for support. We were meant for each other... Hmmm... "to carry each other".

I myself find my support, my shoulders to lean on, ... on those of my fellow sinners of my church parish.
It does NOT mean that you have to, but it's what I do.

There are many answers to your questions of God, and why we suffer, in religious books. Most answers are not ones that might comfort you right now. The Christian one that I hold on to is that this is a "fallen world" and there is another place (a "place that must be believed to be seen") that we can choose to believe in where "love is the only thing you can't leave behind"... but pain IS.

Anyway, DO hold on. Don't give up. Don't turn to bitterness but instead to others that know your pain and can support you.

My prayers are with you.

God isn't punishing you, please don't believe that. I really don't agree with that, in my own opinion.
But if you want to, I believe god opens new doors whenever he closes other doors.

Secondly, real happiness comes from within. I know you've heard that 1000 times, but it needs to be repeated. I forget it now and then myself.

Also, don't get too wrapped up in the inevitable flow of things. There will be happy times, and sad times. You will see people be born, and people pass on. Baby showers and funerals, they all happen sooner or later.

I really hope you find decent work, as I know that that is one thing that can truly be out of control. But you gotta survive, so keep looking for what you want and deserve when it comes to work.

Maybe try to look at this time as an oppertunity to grow, and become a stronger person.

Regardless, remember that it's your life, and ultimately you choose how you live it. I'm sure you can make the right decisions when those times come. And people here at interference are good about being outwardly supportive, even if I'm not, so there are always thoughts and prayers ready for you if you need them

take care.

Hello,
You don't know me and I don't know you
but if you want, I would enjoy to be your friend...I think that everyone needs one!
I think that God it's a friend of mine, and yours.
But in a friendship you need to know each other's fears and hopes...
Go and look for God, often you have just to crack the branches that shades
you the Sun...I used to look for answer to questions that at the end turned out to be the wrong questions...
Time is underrated, it seems that the only worhy time is the working one...
it's not true, the only time that matters is the one spent with the people you love, the precious time spent with your granny and aunt, I don't know the answer to the question you ask
but we all are brothers in the quest.

cheers (and prayers)
Tom
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hey!
This place is a real comfort i can tell you that! I feel a bit better, trash con. I am looking for a job, trying to do what is in my power, and that includes love):
I mean, i am trying to be open for love. Is that sounds a bit arrogant?

Back
Top Bottom