kissing cousins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread is dangerous, it is making me giggle at work. I mean the blue background on the website has me paranoid enough, no work-related website should look like this.

I think once you get out to 3rd cousins, they are related through 2 out of 8 great grandparents, so 1/4 (but a lot less due to random genetic variation) and 4th are 2 out of 16 so 1/8.... the numbers start getting a lot smaller. I don't think I'd have much of an ick factor with 4th cousins or more. And if someone is adopted, I think the ick factor disappears at 2nd cousins. The problems with incest are twofold: the genetic issues and the fact that they screw with family power dynamics and relationships (it is an abuse of power for an older sibling to have relations with a younger one). So once you go beyond cousins, I really don't think the power dynamics apply, because who spends that much time with their 2nd cousins, and it's only genetic issues.

Related gross story: My cousin confessed to me a few years ago (she was 15 I think) that when she was visiting our second cousin in california, she gave him a hand job. In the back of the family minivan. While his mother drove her to the airport. THAT is gross. Even more so when I finally met him a couple years ago - he's not the slightest bit attractive in any possible way. Of course, this cousin of mine is now 19 and living with a 30+ year old in an open relationship because she is "polyamorous" .......

I wonder if people with prosthetic limbs can give handjobs. That would be hilarious to watch.

Varitek said:
This thread is dangerous, it is making me giggle at work. I mean the blue background on the website has me paranoid enough, no work-related website should look like this.

I think once you get out to 3rd cousins, they are related through 2 out of 8 great grandparents, so 1/4 (but a lot less due to random genetic variation) and 4th are 2 out of 16 so 1/8.... the numbers start getting a lot smaller. I don't think I'd have much of an ick factor with 4th cousins or more. And if someone is adopted, I think the ick factor disappears at 2nd cousins. The problems with incest are twofold: the genetic issues and the fact that they screw with family power dynamics and relationships (it is an abuse of power for an older sibling to have relations with a younger one). So once you go beyond cousins, I really don't think the power dynamics apply, because who spends that much time with their 2nd cousins, and it's only genetic issues.

Related gross story: My cousin confessed to me a few years ago (she was 15 I think) that when she was visiting our second cousin in california, she gave him a hand job. In the back of the family minivan. While his mother drove her to the airport. THAT is gross. Even more so when I finally met him a couple years ago - he's not the slightest bit attractive in any possible way. Of course, this cousin of mine is now 19 and living with a 30+ year old in an open relationship because she is "polyamorous" .......

well, i have officially passed incest 101...hahaha, jk.

Back
Top Bottom