Is this sad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BabyGrace

Refugee
that's not sad at all. I'll probably come back home after college and not have a clue what to do. and 21 is young...you'll find your own spot
smile.gif

I've got a wonderful friend who's going to be 25 this year and he still lives at home too. Don't make such a big deal out of it! It's ok!!
smile.gif

I confess that I'm 21 and I still live at home, and I've never lived away from my parents. Worse yet, I've lived in the same house my whole life. Is this sad? You can be honest. I get along well enough with my parents to live with them but often I want to get away. I think maybe it'll be late this year or some time next year, but somehow the major things I plan never happen. This year that's happening partly because a serious health problem came up in my family and I want to be with my parents right now, I don't even feel like taking a long trip just at the moment, which I had tentatively been planning. But this may just be an excuse to not actually take a leap.

Please be honest, tell me if you think this is sad or not, and why.

Our family moto is "Love, Protect, Support" each other. If you are doing that because of family health issues, good for you. Be there for them and they will be there for you.

((((((((((((scatteroflight))))))))))))
smile.gif

Like O2 hugs scatteroflight

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
I confess that I'm 21 and I still live at home, and I've never lived away from my parents. Worse yet, I've lived in the same house my whole life. Is this sad? You can be honest. I get along well enough with my parents to live with them but often I want to get away. I think maybe it'll be late this year or some time next year, but somehow the major things I plan never happen. This year that's happening partly because a serious health problem came up in my family and I want to be with my parents right now, I don't even feel like taking a long trip just at the moment, which I had tentatively been planning. But this may just be an excuse to not actually take a leap.

Please be honest, tell me if you think this is sad or not, and why.

I am also 24, and still at home. It sucks at times, beacause I grew up with 5 brothers and sisters, and they are all gone(even the younger ones),I actually was away for a couple of semesters, but came back. When I finish school, I will worry about getting out of here, but for now, I try not to let it bother me.Don't sweat it.

Awww, that's not sad at all! I kindda wish I lived at "home" but then again... maybe not. I'm 18.... been living with my two bros since 16! Its great and all but sometimes I wish I had my mommy with me!
frown.gif

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

I finally moved out last year. I lived in that same house my whole life. I'm 25.

We've never had much money, so I think staying at home while going to college was the wisest move for me, but I am extremely happy to finally be completely independent; I was living with my mom, grandma, and nephews for many years. I've got 3 roommates where I'm at now, but I'm going to be moving into my very own apartment in 2 months! I can't wait!

That's a bummer, SweetOnU2.
frown.gif

Hey thanks everyone for reassuring me that I'm not really sad. It's just occasionally I feel that I am, especially because almost everyone else I know who's my age seems to live on their own or they have lived on their own at some time. But then again, in a lot of cases that's because they really do not get along with their parents, and I guess I'm fortunate that I get along with mine reasonably well. But these comments actually made me feel better!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 05-22-2001).]

Originally posted by travu2:
I finally moved out last year. I lived in that same house my whole life. I'm 25.

We've never had much money, so I think staying at home while going to college was the wisest move for me, but I am extremely happy to finally be completely independent; I was living with my mom, grandma, and nephews for many years. I've got 3 roommates where I'm at now, but I'm going to be moving into my very own apartment in 2 months! I can't wait!

That's a bummer, SweetOnU2.
frown.gif

I bet its a good feeling to get your own place huh? COOL! And hey that is great!

And thanks, its not easy adjusting to not living w/ your parents at a young age. But its cool, I get a lot of time to myself since my bros are hardly ever home! LOL I like it! I'm not ready to move out to my own place all by myself yet! LOL I'm happy i with my two bros!!

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

Back
Top Bottom