I'm PISSED.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2SavesTheWorld

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So, blah blah blah, my company was taken over by this corporation and some of the rules have changed.

We now get paid overtime. Except for the upper management. Thats me. So I don't get paid overtime....thats fine, whatever.

But, I have 14 people working under me at this location and they are all like, "We get paid for overtime now, right"?
And I'm like, "Yes, you do".

So now, I've got these people that haven't worked a second of overtime since they started here staying until 7 or 8 at night!
Of course, I've been doing that for FREE this whole time.

Now granted, my salary is certainly much higher then theirs and I know that I'm just expected to work late hours but it irritates the piss out of me that all these people are going to suddenly become these model employees with gobs of overtime.

Anyway, its all quite annoying. :rant:

I guess I shouldn't really complain....its 3:30 in the afternoon and I'm posting pictures in PLEBA.

:|

U2SavesTheWorld said:

I guess I shouldn't really complain....its 3:30 in the afternoon and I'm posting pictures in PLEBA.

:|

Exactly - don't you realize how good you've got it? :tsk:

:)

With the overtime stuff- if you oversee these people, why can't you just send them home? Seems like that always happened to me whenever I was close to getting overtime in my jobs......

Re: Re: I'm PISSED.

bonosloveslave said:

Exactly - don't you realize how good you've got it? :tsk:

Yeah, I know what you mean but I work close to 100 hours a week to afford that luxury.

I'm the furthest thing from a slacker.

And yes, I will be putting a limit on the amount of overtime they are allowed to work.

I'm just venting, thats all.

yeah being a salary worker has its good sides as well as its bad sides. knowing that at times that i have to take work home, or stay here in the office until 10PM sometimes is annoying when you are not being paid extra. i did enjoy it more when i was not salary and i would be paid overtime. at least i saw the payoff for my hardwork on pay day.

Back
Top Bottom