I'm a rat, a squealer, a mole, a narc....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
and all those other adjectives that describe a tattletale.

Why? Here's the shitty deal:
I live in a residence in university. Unfortunately, lately, a LOT of damages have been happening. So much so, that the residence damage fund has been depleted. Now every time there's a damage, it comes out of our pockets.

The problem is that 9/10 of the damages have occurred because of the guys living next to me. They're so inconsiderate, always high, loud, rude...they started off nice, but found pot--and it ruined them. Two of them are enigineers and they're failing. The other's a science kid, and he's the worst. We don't get along because we had a 'confrontation' a few months ago (more like a screaming match between the two of us. He started it. Long story)

Anyway, my roommate and I, and a whole bunch of other people know that these guys have done the damages. We've heard them bragging about it. One guy even left a message on my roommate's machine describing one of their plots.

So, to make a long story somewhat shorter, we were asked to testify against these guys. Our names are never revealed to them, we just say what we know (as did many others). But these guys know that me and my roommate probably have the most against them....

We've heard them talking about pulling pranks on us. They loiter outside our door. Yesterday, I was afraid to leave our room. I don't want another confrontation. They've been spreading rumours about me...I don't know what to do anymore. I mean, if we tell, we're making it worse. Telling is what got us into this mess. I wish I never lived here. I wish I never had to do this. I'm not a rat, this isn't me. I just want things to be normal. One guy was already kicked out of res because he threw a table off the balcony!....the other two are still around. What if we ever meet them on campus? What will they do? I know they have a lot of animosity. I'm just worried, scared, emotionally drained. I've gone from crying, to laughing all in 10 seconds. I hate this. I'm rambling. I felt guilty at first, but they have done so much. They were blasting their music today but I was too scared to say anything about it to them. I feel bad one second, and justified the next. They stole computers, broke windows, hot box their room, stole a huge sausage from the food place (worth $1000)...

I just want my own room, my own house, none of these problems.

that sucks, sweetest thing. sometimes you think you do the right thing by telling and then you end up wishing you never said anything. Its hard. I am sorry you are going thru this. I hope things do get better for you.

------------------
lilsparky: did you like the pics i took of my favorite band?
viktor: actually had a dream about larry mullen last night...not a gay dream but a weird dream.....
lilsparky: really?
lilsparky: what was it about?
viktor: yeah...we were going to a party and all my high school friends walked along him and then Bono rushed out and said something weird and that guy from the pouges...shane mac Gowan came and we all showered in sugar
viktor: weird

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:

We've heard them talking about pulling pranks on us. They loiter outside our door. Yesterday, I was afraid to leave our room. I don't want another confrontation. They've been spreading rumours about me...I don't know what to do anymore. I mean, if we tell, we're making it worse. Telling is what got us into this mess. I wish I never lived here. I wish I never had to do this. I'm not a rat, this isn't me. I just want things to be normal.

Firstly, I think you did the right thing by telling someone in the first place. It's completely unfair that you (and other people, I guess?) would be made to pay for damage they caused.

Can you maybe talk to someone about the fact that you're concerned about their behaviour towards you now? Whoever you talk to doesn't even have to approach the guys and tell them you've complained, but it might be a good thing if someone in authority was aware of the way they're treating you, just so if they cause any trouble, someone is already aware of the background to the situation. Can you move rooms so you're not near them anymore? I don't know what your college is like, but at my Uni we usually have security guards in residence halls and on campus so if you ever meet them on campus and do feel threatened then hopefully you'll have someone to ask for help.

And are you moving out of residence halls next year? Or at least move to a different hall if your college require you to live on campus. Are either of those things an option?

I hope things get better for you, and I know it's hard but try not to let them get to you - you did the right thing and they are the only people who have acted badly in this situation.

If I were you, I would do that too. You did nothing wrong. In fact, I think that's already the best way to handle this. You can't tolerate those guys unlimitedly!!

(((((Sweetest_Thing)))))

I think the only thing you can do now is to move out of this place even though this may be the move that those guys will be happy with. Anyway, good luck, girl!!

*hugs again*

I don't blame you, Sweetest Thing. When I was at university, some stuff almost had to come out of our pockets, and I was pissed...I had no extra money to spend on other people being asses. I would have ratted 'em out as well.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

You were right for testifying. People like that should never be let trashing around, or harassing others.

------------------
"It's an elevation thing." - Adam (when asked about the airplanes in the videos, and the airport pics on ATYCLB)

"Not just any band...the best band on the planet." - Bono

"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge about playing live

"There's still stuff left for us to do, and that's why we still do it." - Larry, 1998

Ready? I'm going to help you make a distinction:

Nark/rat/tattle tale: High school hall monitors.

You: Doing the right thing.

Does that help? I hope so.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

Back
Top Bottom