im a bad bad girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue_Angel

Acrobat
Im taking a course in hip-hop culture. I figured I should learn about the stuff I really don't like, and I think it's going to be very interesting. and also i like to know anything about the music industry. besides there are no exams :D

so now i am studying fashion, graffiti, break-dancing, and hip hop. Plus I have to choose a rapper and do a full analysis of their album (anyone know any good ones so I don't make a fool out of myself in front of a bunch of rap-lovin' kids???) :eek:

also, on a side-note...I found a U2 fan on, get this, the school swim team!!!!! :lol: she's even more obsessed than me I think!! well maybe not but we're easily the same!! I am so excited. and we were at the same concerts (except she was close enough that she managed to attack Bono's boot and hang on for dear life) :D

finally......someone who 'gets' it :D ;)

Blue_Angel said:
Plus I have to choose a rapper and do a full analysis of their album (anyone know any good ones so I don't make a fool out of myself in front of a bunch of rap-lovin' kids???) :eek:

(except she was close enough that she managed to attack Bono's boot and hang on for dear life) :D
I'd chooose Will Smith. :up: He is cool. He is a rapper. And isn't as :censored: as Eminemcraphead or alikes.

Attack Bono's boot! :laugh: You have to imagine that! :lmao: :lmao: :lol:

da blue_angel

sounds great and the bono boot grabbing fan included :)

I am so ignorant of rap culture but Will Smith would be a great choice seeing as you already have an interest..maybe somebody like 2Pac could be a possibility..one of the few rappers whose lyrics have stood out for me in the genre..often fairly deep and thoughtful..aside from that I couldn't think deeper

just dont start wearing your swimmers so that they are hangin down too low ala kriss kross

Good advice manda...or backwards like they did. Especially if you are wearing a 2 piece.

I got no advice on the rap bit, I'm a product of commercial rap!

But you do love Will....maybe thats agood one?

:heart:

Re: Re: im a bad bad girl

FallingStar said:

I'd chooose Will Smith. :up: He is cool. He is a rapper. And isn't as :censored: as Eminemcraphead or alikes.

He's just an entertainer really. Pick someone like Chuck D from Public Enemy. That would actually be really interesting. The stuff he writes - politics, culture.

Better then looking into the deep and meaningful reasons why Will Smith wrote another song about how good Will Smith is. Although Will Smith's career as an example of an entertainment career would be good, but not Will Smith as an 'artist'.

Eminem would be more interesting then you think. I read an article about him by a uni professor, really going into his 3 different characters (Eminem, Slim Shady, Marshall Mathers) and how they are all different people from different places, and songs 'performed' by each of the different characters are all very different in theme, reality, blah blah.

JURASSIC 5
blackalicious
The Roots
Blackeyed peas
dilated peoples
Common
Mos Def
Pharcyde

great thanks so much guys

I do love Will Smith but I dont think I want to do a thing on him. Tyler, we are actually going to be doing an in-depth look at Eminem as part of the course. it's a whole section :D

thanks tho, and wow soulfulmofo that's a good list (since ive never heard of any of them). i cant tell heads from tails in rap. all i have is a bit of the old school vs gangster, and east coast vs west coast thing. Im not really sure what any of it is tho. sad really :no:
this should be interesting :yes:

Cool blue hiphopbabe.

Forget about Eminem. Pick Chuck D (Public Enemy) or B-Real (Cypress Hill).

Listen to this one of B-Real on Xplosion (Outkast CD) uncensored:

Look at the way you look at me I see it on your face
All your hate emanates but you still hestitate
Cause you want inside of my head but don?t know how
To brainwash me to be a commercial clown
Fuck that, I see the way you were see the way you smirk I?m catching you where you work
God only knows all the trouble that grows deep beneath my soul dealing with you assholes
Can I blast those who point their fingers at me
Critisize and talk shit so freely
Fuck XXL, you?re a size to small
I should hire Eminem so we can kill you all
Whether you live to talk shit about the Real
Then kiss my ass in person how much you love the Hill
I?m the outcast, comin? to blaze the grass
Outlaw due to my life that?s come to pass
Dr?, pass me the glass of wine
So I can pour it over my homies grave and mine
For all those who fallen and answered when God was calling
Jump in my ragtop and get all in
I?m the bomb, planted in your car, why you?re frozen
Pop the tape in, ignite the explosion
The world is mine, the world is yours, the world is ours, the world is lost, the world is fossed

Nuff respect, ho?

And if we?re at it, don?t forget the dancehall thing and the influence of the Jamaican community in NY when it all started. Oh, and Jaaaaaaaaaaaames Brown.

Bad bad girl :evil: ;)

Last edited:
Yes, BabyGrace you are a bad girl. I actually tried going for hiphop dancing lessons once upon a time. It proved too harsh on my brittle calcium-less bones and bowing spine... I lost my dentures trying to do a bicycle-kick-hoe-in-da-house (what, you don't know that move?).

(And it's not my birthday!)

furrylicious

foray said:
Yes, BabyGrace you are a bad girl. I actually tried going for hiphop dancing lessons once upon a time. It proved too harsh on my brittle calcium-less bones and bowing spine... I lost my dentures trying to do a bicycle-kick-hoe-in-da-house (what, you don't know that move?).

(And it's not my birthday!)

furrylicious

Really, it?s not that difficult. Hey, you know anyone from NY? They taught breakdancing to me, oh and they were sooooo salsa :D

You know kwikstep?

Last edited:
dude thanks so much hiphopman, you know your stuff!! great lyrics, maybe i should do that cos i kinda like Outkast or what i know of him/them/whatever :eek:

rungified, that's awesome. i bookmarked it to read it tomorrow cos I need to sleep now, but thanks that could be VERY useful

Back
Top Bottom