I Want A Cigarette

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I've been notorious for badgering my friends who smoke...tryin' to get them to quit...doin' everything I could. However, I wasn't gettin' through to them, so I pretty much became a "social smoker", and I'd have one with them occasionally. So...I've been doing it more often lately...and now I've been wanting to smoke really badly for almost 2 weeks now...I'm so tempted to just go buy some. :crack: :reject: I know I shouldn't, which is why I haven't bought any...but I just get an urge. :crack:

Somebody smack me.

i still can't the smell of smoke out of my hair from last weekend and its driving me crazy.

No, don't BC....:(

My brother and my father are smoking and they're coughing almost their lungs out with every breath....:(.....I know all you guys who smoke would proove me wrong cos the coughing doesn't come from the smoking. But I as well as they know it comes from the ciggies. Don't do it, BC. :sad:

actually , i have the same thoughts , i never smoked , but now , i want to buy a pack of cigarettes , it's like 99 % of me are for it , and only 1 maybe 5 % are against

BC, it's up to you

but part of the reason i get up so early is because I have trouble breathing when I'm lying down. I could give you more graphic descriptions, the pains in the chest, the shortness of breath, and whenou do find your breath, it's a smokers..(do you recall the stickers? "KISS A NON-SMOKER- TASTE THE DIFFERENCE" it's true!!!
umm, cost, I have burn-holes in some favourite clothes...the worst was a couple of weeks ago. I looked down and my ivory teddy Ali G was all covered in ash.He' not ivory anymore.
One thing...my children and husband are certified non-smokers. They hear me.

It's up to you...but it's a slippery slope mate, with lots of black gunk at the bottom waiting for you.

It's very much an individual choice and feck...I sure enjoy it.
But it's easier to not start, than to give-up.
I use matches called "dickheads" I think there is a message in that for me, but...just one more, I'll give up ....tomorrow.
feck i have to see my doctor next week. I'll give up on tuesday morning.

I SHOULD know better...especially when I read stuff like what you posted, cass. As most of you know, my grandma died recently...she first started having problems once she was told she had emphysema. She was told by doctors to stop smoking probably 5, 6...maybe even 7 years ago. She finally had to stop when they put her on oxygen. She's gone now though, partially because of old age, partially because of smoking.

I'll just try to control myself, I 'spose...and maybe I won't smoke socially like I've been.

name me famous rockers who is / was not smoking
sad stats

sorry for your granny bonochick.........

<<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>>>>>
Let's say NO to smoking
Let's stay healthy and strong
WALk ON

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

BC, you are an adult. You can make your own decisions, its your choice. Non smokers can be so rude constantly pushing their beliefs onto others. How annoying is it when someone is at you constantly to change something about yourself.

Back
Top Bottom