I hate myself for thinking this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
I swear I have lost all compassion...instead of feeling bad for people who are having a rough time, I feel like telling them "shut the hell up and stop whining, suck it up and move on." I don't know, maybe it's because I used to be that whiny person, and realized that it got me nowhere. I figured that if I wanted the shitty things in my life to change, I had to change them myself.
Instead of having empathy and sympathy for a tale of woe, I cover my ears and cringe like it was nails on a chalkboard. I even feel like I'm getting to the point where I couldn't care even if I wanted to. I have lost all patience for people feeling sorry for themselves and it makes me want to :scream: everytime I see a thinly veiled attempt to evoke sympathy and making people go "aaaawwww :hug: :( " It makes me want to vomit.

Of course this post is completely hypocritical...here I am whining about the whiners, lol.

So if you decide to reply to this don't reply with "aaaaaawww :hug: " Tell me what a bitch I am for not caring about the emotional state of other people...or tell me something I don't already know.

I agree with the "changing things yourself" part. As a whiner, I can only wish to get to that attitude.

Maybe your whine rage is originating from exactly that reason: because you've been there yourself and you dealt with it - you know it can be done.

:shrug: Different people react to different things differently. Don't worry about it.

I will say you have a GREAT avatar! :yes:

You Hard Arse!!!

j/k

:laugh:

Do you need a hug daisy?

:D

teeeeeeehehehehe.

Sorry, I'll take this seriously now.
Dont sweat it honestly. I get shitty with serial whiners. Myself being one, I do see the irony (no one needs to highlight this thnx! :D ). All the people who constantly rave on and on about absolute crap shit me to tears. I try very hard to not let it show (I hope it doesn't) and then just walk away clenching my fists. One day I'll snap and go on a rampage or something. You'll see me on the 6pm news, hanging some loser arse by their feet off a bridge or something yelling at them that they are being stupid and it isn't really that bad, especially as they are begging for their life. It will prove my point, they are whinging for nothing.

Um...Aherm....yeah. I'm exagerrating, its not that bad. Its 2am and I have had too much pepsi.
mmmmm caffeine....
:drool:

U2girl said:
Maybe your whine rage is originating from exactly that reason: because you've been there yourself and you dealt with it - you know it can be done.
:yes: i usually avoid calling up my best friend because i can only take so much of her complaining about her shitty job, her lack of a boyfriend, and all the ugly, mean boys she has her eye on. so i know how you feel. :D

Uhhhh, #1 champion whiner here :wave:

I seriously doubt you have lost all compassion, I really think it is just that you've lost patience for these people, and maybe that will be the wake-up call that someone needs :shrug:

Thanks for your advice....Beth I think your right when you say it's more of a patience thing....

I never did have any patience for stupidity...I guess my patience is growing thin with some people is because I know a lot of people who are a lot worse off and don't complain about anything. They work hard, and earn everything they get, even if it's not very much. They taught me that life is sometimes unfair, and you just have to deal with it.

I just wish I could lock all the annoying people in a Whine Cellar

Last edited:
I hope your opinion doesn't keep you from getting help when you need it.

I know there are some people that complain about anything and everything, but I...like many others see whining and complaining as a way of venting stress so I can move onward. It's healthy to vent rage and unhappiness, because it allows other's opinions to possibly encourage how you handle your problems.

I hope your opinion was a slight bit of misdirection, because if it's not.....here's a big "FUCK YOU" for being an asshole. ;)

Now, go do the Bliztkerg Bop.....Hey Ho....Let's go!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom