I Got Broadsided On My Way Home From Work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG.:shocked: I am happy you are ok.

Years ago I was in a horrible accident were a mother driving her 2 kids ran a red light at a major intersection. She was going so fast that her skid marks were 80 ft. long! She hit the passanger side of my car as I was making a turn. My car did a 360 and went up in flames. It literaly took of the front part of my car. Witnesses tought that the person in the car had died. But I got out quickly and was sitting on the curb across the street. I thank God that I am still here. I know its a horrible thing and it hurts. Here is a :hug: for you. Feel better.

heeeey :hug:

Im glad nothing worse happened. Glass in your mouth and nose.. pfuuuuh! Damn.

Still, I had to laugh at the Ice Ice Baby thing.. a crashed car and you know.. this song.. shit

Well Kat. I had a car accident too 2 weeks ago (yeee-ha, on an icey road in the night driving up a hill) but it wasnt as bad as yours.. glad you´re ok.

Take care

I had to go to the towing yard to get the rest of my belongings, and I snapped tons of pics and shot some video. I posted a bunch of pics in my journal:

http://forum.interference.com/journal.php?s=&action=comments&entryid=37193

Here are a few though:

A close up of my driver's side door that was hit:

3464654%3B8%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3235%3E844%3E%3A%3A5%3EWSNRCG%3D32335682%3A5795nu0mrj

:sad:

3464654%3B8%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3235%3E844%3E%3A%3A5%3EWSNRCG%3D32335682%3A5754nu0mrj

Windshield:

3464654%3B8%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3235%3E844%3E%3A%3A5%3EWSNRCG%3D3233568293695nu0mrj

Driver's seat:

3464654%3B8%7Ffp337%3Enu%3D3235%3E844%3E%3A%3A5%3EWSNRCG%3D32335682%3A5773nu0mrj

Oh my god. That's so scary. I am glad you weren't seriously injured or killed.

I am very sorry about your car and minor injuries. Hope you recover soon.

:ohmy: That was a really cool story! I'm glad you're okay too :wink:
I was in a big whopper of a highway wreck once so I know how chaotic and freaky it feels afterwards. :hug: Your insides won't stop shaking

Vanilla Ice blaring :lol:

I'm glad you are OK!

Don't avoid going to a doctor is you still feel pain or discomfort. An x-ray won't catch everything.

And by all means place the burden on your insurance company to work through all the problems. With a clear at-fault party, you should have all costs and expenses flow to their insurance.

u2bonogirl said:
:ohmy: That was a really cool story! I'm glad you're okay too :wink:
I was in a big whopper of a highway wreck once so I know how chaotic and freaky it feels afterwards. :hug: Your insides won't stop shaking

Vanilla Ice blaring :lol:

Really cool story? :eyebrow:

Glad to hear you're ok, Kat. :) If there is one good thing related to the accident it's that the driver stopped first and then went - if she hadn't stopped you might have had a lot more than bruises and cuts to deal with. :ohmy:

Does your insurance pay you for the value of the car if it's totalled?

nbcrusader said:
With a clear at-fault party, you should have all costs and expenses flow to their insurance.

Actually, in Michigan we have to have no-fault, not at-fault, so insurance doesn't cover the damage unless you have an additional collision policy or something else like that.

I use this page as a reference:
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/cis_ofis_ip202_25083_7.pdf

Kat, It really was smart to go to the hospital. You had to have been shaken to the core. If you notice anything not feeling quite right a few days later, it might be good to have it checked out then also. I am really glad you are ok!!!!!!

Holy shit what a scary experience that must have been. :hug: I'm glad to hear you're alright apart from the bruises and cuts.

And what a great song to have playing as the soundtrack to the whole experience! :huh:

Sorry to hear about your accident. That is just awful. Keep all your records of extra costs, such as medical receipts, etc. And you may not feel the effects of the accident for a while, so definitely see doctors if you have any questions or uncertainty. Good thing you went to the ER after the accident. Hope your boyfriend is taking good care of you :hug:

Keep us updated on your situation :hug:

Aw Kat! I'm so sorry! I just now saw your pictures and your story. The last picture in your journal is the most sad of them all. I can see the sadness in your eyes :sigh: :hug:

Was the other drive on a cellphone? I've been in two wrecks (both at the same intercetion oddly enough) and both times the other drivers were on cellphones and just ran the light.

Glad you're still with us...car accidents are so damn stressful.

Diemen said:

Does your insurance pay you for the value of the car if it's totalled?

No idea. Dad handles all of the insurance stuff, so I'm clueless...but he seems to think we should at least get a decent claim.

They told me that the day after the accident, I'd feel even worse, but then I'd feel better...but I feel even worse today. Everything from my waist up to my neck hurts horribly. It took me ten minutes to get out of bed, and I cried almost the whole time. I took two of my pills last night, and they did not help me at all. They are the same stuff they gave me when I was in the ER, and that didn't relieve my pain then either, so...strong pain reliever, my ass. :sad:

I already had a regular doctor's appointment scheduled for this morning, so I'm going to be seeing her today.

U2Girl1978 said:
Kat, were you able to get any information from that girl?

I didn't talk to her, but Ernie said that the cops talked to her and that she was issued a citation. I don't even know the lady's name. Every time I asked for any information, people just told me to not worry about it and that everything was being taken care of...they wanted me to stop worrying about everything that was going on around me and just focus on myself, so I didn't get any info directly. All I know is that it was a lady in a white van.

I saw my doctor, and she took some more X-rays. I told her that the pain meds the hospital prescribed me weren't helping, so she said I could double the dosage. She also prescribed two more pain meds and a muscle relaxer. She said the left side of my back is extremely stiff.

Last edited:
Bonochick said:

No idea. Dad handles all of the insurance stuff, so I'm clueless...but he seems to think we should at least get a decent claim.

They told me that the day after the accident, I'd feel even worse, but then I'd feel better...but I feel even worse today. Everything from my waist up to my neck hurts horribly. It took me ten minutes to get out of bed, and I cried almost the whole time. I took two of my pills last night, and they did not help me at all. They are the same stuff they gave me when I was in the ER, and that didn't relieve my pain then either, so...strong pain reliever, my ass. :sad:

I already had a regular doctor's appointment scheduled for this morning, so I'm going to be seeing her today.

Don't get worried yet. When I got in an accident I felt totally horrible for days and then it started getting better. They told me, too, that things would start feeling better before they actually did, but I was limping around all hunched over for a bit longer than they thought I would.
Plus, they didn't know I had bruised my lung either :shrug:
Basically they want to make you feel better about the situation and then get you the hell out of there, but the truth of the matter is, your muscles have just been seriously torqued and its going to take a bit for them to get back to normal :yes:

I guess we have different definitions of cool. Getting broadsided by someone (who is completely unhelpful and apologetic after the fact), totalling my favorite car and being left in severe pain usually don't pop into mind when I think of cool stories. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom