help with proposal!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John and I rented a boat and spent an hour on the lake...it was so beautiful and romantic...

Then he proposed to me at the gas station afterwards...he said he wanted to on the boat but got too nervous. :laugh:

As long as it's with love, that's all you need...a nice dinner with flowers might help though (I had to settle for a Pepsi and an artificial rose...we WERE at a gas station, afterall...:laugh: ).

Good luck! :hug:

i have now made my girlfriend into a u2 fan. she was a casual fan now she is a bigger one. so what would be a good mix of songs to put onto a cd for background music? if i choose to do that?

RickFly said:
i have now made my girlfriend into a u2 fan. she was a casual fan now she is a bigger one. so what would be a good mix of songs to put onto a cd for background music? if i choose to do that?

John and I had been listening to Rattle and Hum, and "All I Want Is You" was playing (he asked me when we were still sitting in the car). Some people say that's not a very nice love song because of some lyrics...but the way I interpret it, it is a love song. :)

Gummi ring???? That is so cute!!!!!! :cute:

meegannie said:
My fiance proposed to me with a gummi ring. :laugh:

They are the best!!! They are better than hula hoops b/c u can stretch them on ur fingers :yes:

If you can, wait until they tour again and do it at the concert. By it, of course, I mean propose. :shifty:

Anyway, thats how I want to get engaged. Preferably on stage with Bono yelling, "Nooooooooooooooo! SHE IS MINE!" but that is beside the point....

My friend proposed to his girlfriends randomly, one morning, just in bed. He just got up and made a huge speech about how much she meant to him and how he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. Simple, nice. Of course she said yes.

I think as long as it comes from the heart it will be special. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Last edited:
'Sweet princess of my heart's desire,
Come listen to my plea.
I ask you to share my life,
I beg on bended knee.
I offer you my worldly wealth
If you but say the word.
Come give your answer now sweet maid..."

!Wow! I remember that after about 33 years....my lines from a Sunday School Christmas pantomime.
You know her best rickfly. Her favourite place, her favourite flower, her favourite song...if you are putting this much thought in to it, it will be very romantic.

"come Bess, come Beauty...tonight we take Cinderella to the ball..."
I came from a small town, we had multiple roles. I'll be seeing the person who I said those lines to very soon, for the first time in years. I wonder if she will remember them?
I L.O.V.E. Y.O.U...I love you, yes I do "country joe mcdonald"

Blessings on your love rickfly

I did it in November.

Just do something that you will always remember, and something that reflects both your lives or styles...

Yep, traditional, style.

Ring and on one knee.

You can add what you want as a special... one time I surprised her w a weekend in the wedding suite of a luxurious hotel. We were at home, she was sleeping til?eleven, so I had time to prepare a fine brunch, when she got up, first surprise, and when she asked me why that, I said "you need some power because we have to travel today and maybe won?t have time for lunch".

So... we weren?t married, but got the wedding suite, all in pink and everything.

But maybe you should keep it simple anyway, bc w me, it didn?t quite work out - she didn?t want to marry.

Good luck!

My best friend just got engaged a few weeks ago and I thought her boyfriend was really clever...
She has that ring she wears all the time that was her mothers. When she came out of the shower he said to her "I"m sorry hon but I was moving something off the bureau and your ring fell down in the radiator.... she asked him if he thought he'd be able to get it out (also getting very upset at the same time!) and he said "eventually...but do you think you can wear this one for now? ".... :D

Awww, that was really cute SIR.....

AIWIY was my proposal song too :yes:

I have a friend who got a surprise wedding - they were engaged but couldn't really come up with a date, just wanted it to be sometime in the 7 months before their baby was due. I know not all girls out there would go for it, but it was really nice. His parents have a big farm house with lots of acreage, he actually built a gazebo out in the field for her! I think he just told her they were invited to dinner at his parents to get her out there and when they got to the house they spilled the beans and she had about an hour to get ready. There weren't many options for a wedding dress when she was 6 months pregnant by the time they were able to pull this off, but her sisters found something stretchy and she looked great. They had talked about just doing a small wedding so he invited family and their close friends and did the wedding out in the field and the reception back at the farm house. She was beyond shocked but so happy - it was alot of fun :)

Last edited:
In a family reunion, or even in another wedding, you get up on stage and sing CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE to her, as you got closer and closer to her, and in the "take my hand, take my hole life too", you got down on one knee and show her the ring.
The best version for this is a slow-zoo tv type of this song.

Get a penguin to carry the ring in his beak and waddle up to her and then stretch his wings out and wiggle his head back and forth. :cute: Then ask her and tell her you'll throw in the penguin to sweeten the deal.

*makes fiance re-propose

awww...my friend proposed to his fiance a few weeks ago by suprising her on her vacation. she and her mother were taking a week long crusie in the bahamas and her boyfriend secretly purchased a ticket. he disgused himself as the captain and requested a picture with her on the deck. she had no idea it was him. as soon as the picture was about to be taken a violinist walked up and my friend took off his disguise and got down on one knee and popped the question. it was so damn romantic *cries*... i am sure you will come up with a beautiful location and mood to pop the question. congrats on the big move! :D

i have decided that i am going to suprise her on her birthday which is february 7th. the college that i graduated from and where she now goes is having a charter day ball; which is all formal and everything. so all i need to do now is get the money and buy the ring!!!! and also helpful hints on what to do !! these are all great suggestions so far.

Back
Top Bottom